The organized person in me thought a few other points would be the easiest:
* My backpack could probably keep us alive in a hurricane. It’s basically a small pharmacy – emergency food, makeup (to look good in said hurricane), a flashlight, you name it. Just call me a lady MacGyver.
* The most acute pain I have ever endured was then I cut my nails and then peeled an orange - the pain lasted for about 5 minutes. I give every clementine a careful look now.
* My dream vacation would be a trip around the world, with stops in Costa Rica (I used to work there), Rio, Australia, and Bangladesh. I'd preferably like to emulate Nellie Bly and spend 72 days doing that, but it might have to be in pieces.
*Nowadays, people are rather more important to this writer (an extrovert) than books. With people, I love hiking, ju-jitsu, volunteering, improv/comedy, attending plays, concerts, dancing, policy events, softball, public speaking, tree-climbing, socially responsible investing, rock-climbing & karaoke. All of the above have held my attention at one time or another.
I am set in the DC area in a field I love (not baby seal-hunting I assure you). I am now looking for someone, maybe you, to share my good fortune with.
* Keeping a lot of plates spinning at once
* Getting to the point (sometimes too) quickly
* Really being in the moment with the people I love
* Arriving prepared – I was a Girl Scout
* Being friendly to strangers
* Opening myself to new ideas
I have been told that I have a sense of humor that sneaks up on people but can create the funniest moment they've had all day.
TV: Right now the only thing I watch religiously is the Daily Show and occasionally Colbert. Yes, I do watch Downton Abbey.
Shows: I love good dance and theatre.
Music: I feel my way around - mostly rock, folk & alternative. I have also been exposed to a ton of amazing classical music, & good jazz.
Food: Ideas go with food. I love following tangents and non-sequiturs, preferably over delicious food with a bunch of people. I would probably consider myself flexitarian. I like trying new things to savor, especially on trips. I've tried ostrich, alligator & insects. Thai, Latin American & New American are faves.
Books: I am a big believer that it's not only the book that matters, but when in your life you read it. I loved (nonfiction) The Paradox of Choice by Schwartz. I just ready the Lexus and the Olive Tree. Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese, Bossypants by Tina Fey and Longitude by Dava Sobel have spots on my shelf.
1. The books on my book shelves (I'm starting to collect ebooks as well)
2. The water in my bright green water bottle I carry with me
3. Family and friends
4. Potbelly’s chocolate chip oatmeal cookies (In my opinion, raisins are a pale substitute in an oatmeal cookie.)
5. My younger brother in Boston
6. My blue corduroy jacket
'not always right' situations
stuff on Gawker and in the Economist
inner and outer space
I always forget to add what I did my most recent Friday. Most recently? Buying plane tickets to Brazil.
I am living in the DC area, and I'm interested in dating locally right now - as in within 10 miles of Arlington/DC.