In the meantime, I'll keep playing rugby for Philly Women. I'd like to really excel as a rugby player and make some select teams. I've coached part-time as an assistant coach for my former college team. Someday, I think I'd like to transition to coaching high school teams. I'd get the chance to introduce kids to one of the best games ever!
Anyway, I'm still young and still trying to figure out the shape I want my life to take. So, I'm kinda winging it in a sense. It's more fun that way! I know I definitely want to do lots of traveling still and maybe move out to the West Coast /slash/ Northwest someday. I could also see myself settling down here in Philly. Who knows? But, for now, I'm happy in Philadelphia and i don't have any plans to leave it any time soon.
- spreadsheets: excel and google spreadsheets are AMAZING!
- driving: (1) driving fast! I can usually cut 5-10 minutes for every hour that google maps predicts a trip will take and I have never been pulled over by a cop!, (2) driving for a long time! I have driven 14 hours in one day, stopping only for gas during a solo cross country road trip, and I drove my carpool home the last 7 hours home to Philly from Atlanta trying to beat Hurricane Sandy (and by beat, I mean cross out of Delaware before their roads shutdown). That was some fun driving!! (3) parallel parking like a boss. I have parked my car literally bumper to bumper on more than one occasion, and many more times with only inches to spare. (Can you tell, I really like driving?)
- rugby: but my coach would say good is the enemy of great, and I am definitely aiming for great!
- being a friend: It might sound stupid, but I think this is something that I'm good at and it's something I really value. When I consider someone a close friend, I would do anything to help them, protect them, and make them feel happy and fulfilled.
I follow and watch lots of TV shows. I am currently obsessed with Happy Endings. I also watch Parks and Rec, 30 Rock, Community, Modern Family, Portlandia, and now I realize there is just not enough space. So, if you want to know more TV shows that I watch, it would just be easier to ask (and the answer is likely yes).
1) talking with my sister (She's super cool, but lives on west coast)
2) getting a random text from a friend that I wasn't expecting to hear from
3) playing rugby and feeling rugby-fit (off-season is the worst season)
4) having a productive day and doing several different activities (sometimes lounging at home is just so easy, I forget how much happier I am to be out and about with plans). Finishing a project probably also falls under this category
5) hanging out with friends whether at the park in the sun or at a bar
6) the ability to go driving and sing at the top of my lungs to the radio. Seriously, I forget how much I love this all the time. But, it must be one of my most relaxing activities. Only counts if you really belt out those songs (Disney music is always a good choice for this)