I think I'm a pretty even mix of my Dad's whole family Italian roots (my birth name is Vincenzo) and half Southern from spending my entire upbringing there. I'm really passionate about design, architecture, reinventing the city, and the quirky space between the digital stuff in our lives and the very tangible and real - making stuff like a line of laser-cut t-shirts I just started. In another life I would have never quit the band because I'm really obsessed with making/experiencing noise, mostly with synths. Basically, if David Byrne, Rem Koolhaas, and the guys from Mythbusters made a baby... well, that would be an ugly baby. But some slightly Southern-fried version of that baby is probably me.
I really love what I do! I was trained as an architect, but after 7 years (to the day) at a design consultancy designing everything from buildings to websites and experiences, I joined an early stage startup. Yup, another one of those. It's exciting to take a risk and invent something new to the world when the only thing that can stop us is us, and I really think we're an amazing team.
I balance side projects with getting out to see the countryside, see a show, eat well, drink well and be with close friends.
On a constant discovery for something new, and I love to share.
Here's a playlist I made from my favorites in 2012. http://open.spotify.com/user/beautrincia/playlist/1xiytx8QRXUJBPR41W6Gvg
LCD Soundsystem, Grizzly Bear, Animal Collective, Cut Copy, Deerhunter, Yo La Tengo, Super Fury Animals, Radiohead, Neutral Milk Hotel, Bjork, Blur...phew...The Walkmen, Hot Chip, The Beta Band, The Magnetic Fields, Spoon, Pavement, XTC, Wire, this could go on and on...The Talking Heads, David Bowie, Pixies, R.E.M, Velvet Underground, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Rachmaninoff, Bruckner, Grieg, all that.
Shows: I watch very little TV, with the exception of the occasional Colbert, 30 Rock, Eastbound and Down, and a little Mad Men. But if it's shows, as in concerts, you're talking about, well then, I'm all for it. I don't go as often as I did back in the day, but I love a good show at GAMH, BotH, Independent, Mezzanine.
Food: Mexican. Italian, it comes with the family. Barbecue from back home in NC. Anything meat. (Actually the music thing was kinda hard to summarize but this one is ridiculous. I love all food!
2) '76 Raleigh Tourist bicycle (It's basically the Cadillac of bikes in my opinion)
3) Nord Lead 2X Synth
4) Tapatio (I put it in everything I cook)
6) Passport (get to travel abroad for work a lot and love experiencing new cities)
- You too are reconnecting with your childhood love for the outdoors and hike, wander, explore this amazing state of ours whenever possible. You might even think the fact that I was/am an Eagle Scout is kind of cool.
- You are strong, dynamic, whip-smart, passionate about your purpose here, and want to be with someone who inspires you as much as you inspire them.
- You want to be with someone who returns the same enthusiasm, inspiration, pleasure, fun, energy and experimentation that you give to them.
- You are really happy to be here