• I'm honest. I know exactly who I am and the person I aspire to become.
• I will always be a city girl. Bright lights, good food and drink and busy, walkable streets beat the boring suburbs any day.
• House music feeds my soul. PLUR.
• I'll be right there next to you on any given Sunday, yelling at the TV and high-fiving after another perfect Beast Mode touchdown. #GoHawks!
• I love to discuss religion, politics, and sex on a first date. It's way more fun to hear what people are really passionate about than the usual boring safe topics.
• I love small, fluffy animals and have a habit of pointing out every time I see a cute dog on the street just so I can run over and try to pet it.
• I'm a total smartass, and yes, I will sass-mouth you.
• I can drink like a fish and swear like a sailor (bourbon and classy, intelligent women who say "fuck" a lot are two of my favorite things in life), but I always know when and how to act like a lady.
• I have an amazing family who love and support me unconditionally.
• I'm most likely overdressed. Dresses and back-seam stockings or patterned tights are a staple in my wardrobe. I enjoy keeping up my appearance and always looking well put-together when I go out.
• I love meeting new people. I can work a room like nobody's business.
• I enjoy life and all that it brings.
• I don't really like kids or want any of my own. I'm sorry single dads... I'm sure you're all fantastic men, but I'm probably not the right girl for you.
When I'm not working, I'm trying to go to every single concert and festival that I can. EDM - specifically house (progressive/electro/deep/future) and trance - is life and I would love to find someone who shares a similar passion for music and festival life.
I'm also pretty involved with a local networking group, Young Professionals of Seattle, and am always looking to make new professional and volunteer connections!
So, all of that as well as always laughing, playing, eating, drinking, singing, dancing, making jokes, creating, loving and living.
Making people laugh. Although, sometimes I think people may be laughing at me, rather than with me... but hey, they're laughing right?
Making hella bomb breakfast sandwiches... for dinner.
The puppy dog face. You know the one. The big upturned eyes, the pouty lips, the "pppllleeeeaaassseeee?" look. Yeah... that one :)
Things I'm Not Very Good At:
Lying. I have the WORST guilty conscience that never lets me get away with it.
Hiking. I know, I know, I'm a terrible Seattleite. Short day hikes and urban exploration are totally cool, but I probably won't be the best 3-day backpacking in the deep woods partner for you.
Spatial reasoning. I always made my old roommate rearrange the fridge/freezer for me after I went grocery shopping so everything fit correctly. Consequently, I was never that great at Tetris. Also, packing. Blech.
Or really, it's probably that I just tripped over something or fell flat on my face or knocked something over and spilled my drink all over the place. If clumsiness was an Olympic sport, I would definitely take home the gold medal. It's endearing, really... I promise :)
Books: Not gonna lie... I did read the 50 Shades of Grey series. When I'm not reading horribly written BDSM-tinged erotic romance novels that are a terrible, if not dangerous representation of functional, loving Dom/sub relationships (/end rant), I enjoy books by Chuck Palahniuk, David Sedaris, Augusten Burroughs and Bret Easton Ellis. I really liked Predictably Irrational and Freakonomics too. It was one of the more interesting books I have read in a long time. I was addicted to the Hunger Games series too. I also love reading classics like Catch-22 and one of my favorite books of all time is The Catcher in the Rye. I wish I could have an adventure like Holden Caulfield one day.
Movies: I love comedies. My all time favorite movie is probably Breakfast at Tiffany's. I also like dramas/indie movies and even a few rom-coms. Some of my favorite movies are: Anchorman, Fight Club, Love, Actually, Shaun of the Dead, Top Gun, Breakfast Club, Before Sunset/Before Sunrise/After Midnight, The Departed, Once, Mean Girls, This is the End and Ten Things I Hate About You.
TV: I try to catch up online with a few shows like The Daily Show, Game of Thrones, Scandal, and New Girl. Also, I may or may not have a terrible, awful, ridiculous, basic bitch Bachelor obsession. *hides face in shame*
Food: Pesto! Seriously, cook me anything with pesto in it, and I will love you instantly. Follow that up with some crème brûlée and I'm yours forever :)
2. Dance music. The feeling of the crowd and the beauty of the music is one of the best feelings in life.
3. My crazy, fabulous friends and the unconditional love and support of my amazing family.
4. A new goal to plan for and achieve.
5. A positive outlook on life. Ain't nobody got time for pessimists.
6. My toothbrush. Gotta keep those pearly whites, pearly white!
How long will it take me to traverse the city by bus? I ditched my car (by choice) about four years ago. I love being car-free and not having to deal with gas prices and parking as well as being friendlier to the planet, but I do wish public transportation was a bit speedier and more efficient in this city. With that said, getting outside of the actual city is a bit difficult without a car. Sometimes Ballard can even feel like a long distance relationship from Cap Hill :P
Other times I like to just hang out and chill if the week has been crazy and save the fun stuff for Saturday night. But most often I like to be out and about making the most of my free time.
I'm also looking to get more involved in networking or volunteering, so if you have any groups or events you would recommend, shoot me a message!
I maintain control over all aspects of my life, but I enjoy surrendering that control to the right person who knows how to command it properly. If you know, you know. GGG.
You live in the actual ***city of Seattle***. No, like really, within the city limits. Unless you really, really like driving back and forth to Capitol Hill all the time as I would most likely not be able to come to you very often without a car of my own. Plus, we all know the city is where it's at anyway ;)
Bonus points if you have a fluffy pet or can play me songs on your acoustic guitar.
Please do not message me with: "Hey (insert creepy pet name here)." While other women may find it appealing for a random stranger to call them baby, sexy, sweetheart, sugar, honey, mama... etc, I find it creepy, sexist, and not flattering at all. I'm not an object, I'm a person with a real name, which I use in the very first line of my profile and so should you. Want to really flatter me? Show me your... big... hot... reading comprehension skills, and ask me about one of the myriad of things I have mentioned in my profile.