• I don't like hair gel and don't trust those who do. I believe that hundreds of years from now people will view hair gel with the same disgust that we view the hygiene habits of the middle ages today.
• I enjoy traveling. For me that means spending the majority of the time seeing/experiencing new things more so than relaxing in a lounge chair or ordering room service in the hotel all day.
• I LOVE satire and deadpan.
• I'm pretty laid back and in a group will be more likely to engage in one on one conversations with people rather than trying to run the party.
• I've spent the majority of my life with the meanings of the words "deliberate" and "diligent" flip flopped.
• A lot of people seem to think I'm a kind, good person.
• On multiple dates off of here I've been told that I exceeded the expectations of my pictures upon meeting in person.
For leisure I perform improv and play ice hockey. I also enjoy nights that involve eating good food and nursing some drinks among close friends...or new friends.
-I have a strong work ethic
-Cooking...not just "guy good" in being able to make a handful of things, but the ability to make a wide spectrum of things really well with a strong base understanding of techniques.
-Being introspective...I suppose this isn't something I'm good at, but simply something I do a fair amount
-Seeing the big picture or the heart of the matter
Slaughterhouse-Five, The Passage series, The Road, All The Pretty Horses...
Oh Brother Where Art Thou (and just about everything else by the Coen Brothers), Almost Famous, Most Tarantino movies, The Graduate, Silver Linings Playbook
Mad Men , Breaking Bad, Downtown Abbey, True Detective, Arrested Development, Always Sunny, Trailer Park Boys
To try to keep the list abbreviated rather than listing a million...Pearl Jam was probably my favorite band during my formative years and I'm listening to that MSMR album a lot right now.
Everything...I definitely get a fair amount of enjoyment out of food. I get a huge kick out of trying a new cuisine from a questionable looking food truck/restaurant. I eat pretty healthy during the week though.
Collaborative projects/Creating things
Physical Activity...if I go a couple days without working out, I can't sleep. I think the mental health benefit of expending physical therapy is pretty underrated.
Carbs...I have found society's realization/acknowledgement over the last 5-10 years that carbs are really bad for you pretty devastating. I'd like to go back to a simpler time when Subway foot longs were regarded as a healthy option to cut weight.
After dinner I go home and watch "Days of Thunder" with Tom Cruise and Robert Duvall. I don't think it's a stretch to say it's probably both actors' best performance, and every week that I watch it I usually find something else to take away from the nuanced film.
After Days of Thunder I'm usually pretty amped up as I'm sure you can imagine, but thankfully the time it takes me to shower, brush my teeth, and generally wind down for bed leaves me a bit calmer so I can fall asleep.
I'm interested in something substantial.