I've been single for longer than I care to admit (partly due to a small streak of introversion and partly because although I don't find the Dating Process quite as maddening as, say, job hunting, I don't relish it either). With the help of my friends and an active social life I've learned to be reasonably comfortable within my circumstances; still, I'd like to find a true partner, friend, and mate. Someone to share the small and large moments, to enrich each other's day with art and creativity, someone to stay home with and travel with, to come home to and who wants to come home to me, someone to share silly jokes, good food, and comfort and support as we face the inevitable "tough" parts of Life together. That hasn't happened yet, but hope springs eternal...otherwise I wouldn't be here, right?
I'll be forthright and say that I'm really, really not interested in a long-distance relationship. If you don't live in Portland proper, best of luck in your continued search.
I think this sort of self-summarizing is practically impossible to do well. I've done my best to make my profile both flattering AND honest...but to get a truly clear idea of who I am, please check out my answers to OKCupid's questions before deciding to message me. If you still haven't clicked the Back button after that, I'd prefer to get to know each other over a beverage or snack.
I know that's pretty vague. But my tastes are so eclectic - i.e. "all over the map" - that it's tough to delineate them in a meaningful, nutshell way. I like fiction, non-fiction, and humor; foreign films and Hollywood movies and comedies; many sorts of music (though jazz remains my favorite, and I'm not a fan of pop, country, rap, or opera); and Portland's many amazing restaurants offering just about every kind of cuisine ... does that help?
Also, y'know, World Hunger and Climate Change and War and Equality and the Ultimate Fate of Humanity. And stuff.
Spoiler alert: I have no creepy nor dashingly romantic secrets.
- you're smart and smart-assed, wise and goofy, and you know a thing or two about a thing or two; you're appropriately grown-up for your years yet you're still willing to let your inner child come out and play
- you're committed to honesty and communication
- you have a high tolerance for puns; also you don't have to love the Three Stooges but you're okay with the fact that they WILL make me giggle inanely sometimes.
- you enjoy a reasonably active lifestyle
- you enjoy being read to
- you like cold weather (or at least don't hate it too much)
- you're not a "morning person"