- you think you're not creative
- you don't like the sun
- "OMG I lost my cellphone!!! How will I survive???," hysterical, gushing tears
- all your friends are the same ethnicity and class
- nightclubs are more interesting to you than Nature
- you think soil is dirty
- travel to less developed countries would scare you
- family is not important to you
I am looking for a convincing connection to see where it might take us.
I could easily make a longer list of my weaker abilities. The first item on the list would be ice skating.
I like stories of triumph or tragedy or a time and place now past like Life is Beautiful or City of God. I like documentaries too, and absurdist comedy. On the literary front I grew up in Steinbeck country, Kundera, Allende, Voltaire, Zinn, Muir, Schell. I like magazines - The Sun, Seed, Economist, New Yorker, National Geographic, Lapham's Quarterly.
Food? I am definitely live to eat. Good food and cooking is central in my family, and a reason to travel. I can't say I favor any particular cuisine. Tonight, I'll want injera and tibs, tomorrow feijoada, the next sashimi or ceviche . . . better stop. I'm getting hungry. Let's get to the market and then make dinner together. I'm into that.
Fresh fruits and vegetables
Sense of purpose
My mother's unconditional love