* I love Mardi Gras.
* I'm not convinced that what happens in Vegas really stays in Vegas, but I'm told that antibiotics can take care of that.
* I climbed Mt. Everest twice last year. We forgot the camera the first time, so I had to go back down and get it.
* I correctly predicted how the Sopranos would end.
* In my free time I translated War and Peace from Russian into English. And then for fun, I translated it back again.
* I've won the America's Cup three times. Unfortunately, since I cheated I had to give it back.
* I taught Eric Clapton everything he knows.
* I gave up halfway through Infinite Jest..
* I pretended I was Russian and marched across Red Square in the annual Victory Day parade.
* I turned down the lead role in Titanic.
* I know all 11 of the Colonel's secret herbs and spices.
(One or two of those aren't true.)
I grew up in Houston in a typical middle class family. I went off to college, law school and business school (got a joint JD/MBA degree), then moved to NYC to practice law. I came back to Houston about 8 years ago.
I'm laid back, casual, and open minded. I don't like routine. I figure I'll try most anything once, twice if I like it. I like new things and I like excitement- though I am not as spontaneous as I would like to be. I'm an eternal optimist- and maybe a little too idealistic. I believe in treating everyone with dignity and respect. I suppose my friends would describe me as kind, caring, determined, honest, independent, smart and good looking. I know what I like and what I believe, and I'm not afraid speak up. I'm not easily intimidated.
I love to travel, but I haven't done much of it lately. I've been to almost all 50 states and about half of Europe. I spent roughly a year studying and working in Moscow and St. Petersburg. I'd love to visit India, Brazil, Japan, and Africa. I'd really like to go on one of those volunteer vacations where you spend three months in Africa working on an animal preserve.
Music is extremely important to me. It's what I use to pick me up with I'm down, get energy when I'm dragging, and calm me down when I need to relax. I love live music and going to concerts. I generally listen to rock, alternative, country- most anything except opera or rap.
When I start practicing law again, my goal is to work as a contract attorney, which means I'd work on a contract basis for about a couple years while I save up money. Then, I'd spend 2-3 months travelling to far-flung places around the globe. When my money runs out, I'd go back and work for another year to save up money for another extended trip.
TV: Sports, The Big Bang Theory, House, Criminal Minds, Breaking Bad
Book: The Fountainhead
Food & Water