That seems like a pretty reasonable introduction.
Beyond that, I'm still relatively new to the DC / NOVA area. I moved here after spending two years in New York City, but I grew up and went to school in Florida. Basically, if it's on the east coast, I've probably spent time there.
I don't take myself too seriously, and I have been informed on a number of occasions that a person's first impression of me turned out to be completely off-base.
I'm out of interesting things to say, so let's move on.
Being my friends' and family's personal IT department, however...slightly less enthusiastic about that.
Outside of work, I'm usually playing basketball, eating something, attempting to catch up on TV that I've missed, or making feeble attempts to familiarize myself with the convoluted DC geography.
If life were a video game, navigating DC would be Hard Mode.
- Making obscure observations, but completely missing obvious ones.
- Missing the metro by like 3 seconds...or better yet, having to sprint to catch one of the cars. And then boarding -- expertly stifling my accelerated breathing -- and acting like everyone else on the train are the weird ones.
Anything by Chuck Klosterman, mostly anything by Malcolm Gladwell, all types of biographies; I find them fascinating...slowly working my way into reading more fiction. Oh, and Harry Potter is pretty badass. Obviously.
I grew up with Will Ferrell and Jim Carrey. Star Wars. All types of documentaries, the subject is irrelevant. Disney movies and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
If it makes me laugh or think or evokes any kind of strong emotion, I'm in.
Currently taking applications.
All of it. Just...all of it. Living in places like NYC and DC really expands your palate.
Discussion is acceptable and encouraged.
- Rechargeable batteries
- Plaid, apparently
- Dental floss
- Peanut butter
- The optimal combination of ingredients to make delicious smoothies. I'm very excited about my new blender.
- What color socks I should wear tomorrow.
- My future. Life is crazy.
I'd be interested to see who has the most unique answer to this question, because that's basically what everyone writes.