- I was an anthropology major in school and it kind of informs how I think about everything now.
- I was also in an all-male a cappella group when I was in school so I have an unusual amount of knowledge about it.
- I interviewed Andrew W.K. for my job and we quoted "Best In Show" together.
- I'm straight edge. I always have to say it at some point so here it is. I'll go out for drinks with you, I'll just get a mocktail. No I'm not vegan, yes I have sex.
Books: The Stranger, Eating the Dinosaur, We Need To Talk About Kevin, The Unbearable Lightness of Being, Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs, The Plague, About A Boy, High Fidelity, Let The Great World Spin, This Side of Brightness, Downtown Owl, Barrel Fever, Me Talk Pretty One Day, Mr. Funny Pants. It really comes down to Chuck Klosterman.
Movies: The Big Lebowski, True Romance, High Fidelity, Happiness, Storytelling, The Room, I Love You Man, Wet Hot American Summer,Falling Down, Eyes Wide Shut,The Baxter, Sleepwalk With Me, V/H/S, Grave Encounters, Oldboy, The Vanishing, Rear Window, Rope, Mulholland Drive.
Shows: Louie, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Girls, Seinfeld, Stella, Broad City, Maron. Not a huge TV dude.
Music: Lucero, lovechild, Single Mothers, Modern Baseball, Joyce Manor, The Bronx, Mariachi El Bronx, The National, Self Defense Family, The Hold Steady, Drug Church, T-Swift, Biggie, A Tribe Called Quest, Hot Snakes, Michael Jackson, The Replacements, The La's, Modern Life Is War, you get the gist.
Podcasts (Eff you, I'll add my own): This American Life, Savage Lovecast, The Truth, Love and Radio, WTF with Marc Maron, Topics, Stuff You Should Know.
Food: Cuban is my favorite but there's also thai, noodles, ramen, sushi, most mexican (does anyone know where i can find chapulines?), and the obligatory twentysomething cheap ass dude pizza and falafel.
3. Incognito tabs on G chrome
4. Rock n' Roll
6. The knowledge that one day I will be in my 30's and probably won't have to use this stuff anymore
- you're passionate about something...music preferably but passion itself is the main goal.
- you're from new york originally, but can get down with other places besides this clusterfuck of a state. we'll just have that much more in common.
- you can communicate.
- you can think of cool things to do besides barbarbarnetflixbar
- you can help me learn spanish
- i'm not that into purely ironic detachment in lieu of a real personality. there's plenty of dudes in morgantown who are though so no worries.
- you buy into antiquated gender norms
- you think punk is something you grow out of in high school.