I am currently unemployed again. I am back in school though. I'm trying to rebuild my life in every respect. It's not easy but nothing worthwhile, save for making Rice Krispy treats, is. I know I could work and go to school. I could do one well and do a half assed job at the other. I managed to make the Dean's list for the last two semesters I was there. Not this time though. A lot of crazy things happened. (My creative writing bug bit and I restarted a long abandoned novel.)
Sometimes I do stuff like walk the dog or make dinner because the crazy people I rent from (IE: the creatures who created me) say it's my turn. I don't mind taking care of the dog most of the time. Dinner is another matter. I can't make anything other than TV dinners, peanut butter sandwiches, Rice Krispy treats or pizza without burning the house down. Do you ever wonder why Mythbusters has at least 3 episodes dealing with Kitchen safety? That would be me.
One friend told me that I have all the compassion and tact of Dr. Leonard Horatio McCoy from Star Trek. The first I'll take as compliment, it's the last part I'm not so sure about. Though it is probably a fairly accurate.
By the way-- David Caruso is a block of wood who pretends to be an actor. Unfortunately, he's got a very limited imagination.
1) First off that I absorb certain parts of the electromagnetic spectrum and reflect others.
2) That all matter in the universe is attracted to me in a way that is proportional to the distance between us and the product of our masses.
3) There is a Higgs Field around me that is constantly supplying me with boson particles which in turn supply me with observable mass.
4) That I am 95-98% dihydogren monoxide with carbon, nitrogen, calcium, phosphorus and traces amounts of other elements making up the rest.
5) I often engage in a process of respiration that turns oxygen into carbon dioxide.
6) That I am an omnivorous hominid that is capable of complex tool usage along with both written and verbal communication. This would seem to indicate that I am a sentient being but that would require further study. It was once a subject of great debate among psychology majors at Towson University. The general consensus was no, I'm not.
Comics/Trades: Chris Claremont's original (and most of his second and third runs) on the X-Books. I loved X-Men Forever- probably Marvel's best true alternate reality story. Peter David's Fallen Angel, Supergirl, Aquaman and X-Factor. Giffen and DeMatteis's run on Justice League and Hero Squared, Sergio Aragones's Groo the Wanderer. Steve Gerber's runs on Man-Thing and Howard the Duck. She-Hulk when written by John Byrne, Peter David, Steve Gerber or Dan Slott.
Movies: The Sprinkler Sprinkled, The Big Lebowski, the Men in Black trilogy, the X-Men movies, Annie Hall, classic Loony Tunes, Star Trek II, III, IV, VI, VIII, XI and XII. Almost anything with Muppets in it. Oh and who can forget Monty Python or The Marx Brothers.
I also have a guilty soft spot for Ernest movies particularly Ernest Scared Stupid. I can't explain it. I think the hearing impairment granted me a super human affinity for slapstick comedy. It would also explain why I love Charlie Chaplain, early Laurel and Hardy (their silent era stuff) and what little I've seen of The Keystone Kops. Even some Three Stooges. (My favorite Stooge by the way is Larry.)
I also have a love of cheesy Japanese Monster movies.
Shows: Star Trek TOS, DS9, TNG and as much as I wouldn't have believed you if you told me I'd being saying this a few years ago- Enterprise. I gave it a second chance and if you see it mostly in order it grows on you. I'm lukewarm to Voyager. The first three seasons were ho-hum and the fourth through seventh season were trying too hard to be TNG redux. I love The Muppet Show, Fraggle Rock, The Simpsons, The Daily Show, Colbert Report, House, M.D., Mystery Science Theater 3000, Red Dwarf, Firefly, Futurama, Mythbusters, History Detectives and Nova: Science Now (when Neil DeGrasse Tyson was hosting). Of course The Twilight Zone (the original) is the best TV show ever made.
Food: Pizza, Kung Pow Chicken and sandwiches. Every September and October (when it is released) I am all about Count Chocula.
2) My sanity (Which was first discovered by urban archeologists buried in a Chuck E. Cheese parking lot in 2009. Prior to that, it was believed to have been destroyed by a cave in sometime around 1988.)
3) My electronic ears- Jadzia and Ezri along their bluetooth appendages Enterprise and Deep Space Nine.
4) Hawaiian shirts or geeky t-shirts in the summer and ragged T-shirts covered with turtle necks in the winter.
5) Star Trek It's kept me sane and at times given me moral guidance.
6) Bread covered with tomato sauce, cheese, meats and vegetables baked for 25-30 minutes at 400-425 degrees. (Depending on brand and style). I admit it- judge me by my favorite foods and you'd think I was a 12 old boy or some sort of mutated reptilian martial arts master.
That you can always tell who let OkCupid choose their username name by whether or not they have the place where they were born, Geek, Taco or the suffix asaurus in their name. I bet if I had let OKcupid choose my username it would have been Ohiogeektaco. (Even though I haven't lived in Ohio full time in more than 30 years.) It also would not surprise me if there was one someone going by the names Tacoasaurus, Geekasaurus or Geektaco.
Trying to figure out why you often see people with Snoopy or Charlie Brown shirts but you rarely see people wearing clothing featuring Pigpen.
I also think about possibly useful things like plots for stories and gaming sessions. My next article to write and why any day you can sneak in a Ghostbusters or Spaceballs reference is a happy one- no matter how crappy it may seem. I almost never think about whether or not people actually give a damn about what I think because I know the answer. It's no, they don't. Why? Because the architect of this profile is either a certified genius or an authentic wacko!
It will be a non-typical Friday nights when the world trembles in fear. Then Richards- we'll see how inflexible you and your science really are.... so swears the true monarch of Latveria.