It would be great if the universe could send my way an intelligent, educated, independent, good looking, emotionally healthy man who is looking for romance and maybe a great partnership, in due course. Have I asked for too much? *grin!* Someone who likes kids and hopes to keep discovering more of himself and life with an immensely likeable, terrific woman. (I must pause to pat myself of the back and then smack my wrist for being so full of it. Ha ha! ) If you have some baggage, it's not the end of the world, as long as you are aware of it and it's only carry on. You have had enough success to make you happy and enough longing to keep going until you have all that you want. I'm not sure where or how I am going to meet you but I made up my mind to trek across the internet with my backpack to see what I find. Perhaps I shall meet you here. And if I don't, then please surprise me on a sunny Saturday afternoon in Soho, when I am least expecting it... : )
P.S. My profile picture is current. This is what I look like now, at 45. Please be honest in how you represent yourself online.
Also, I was born and raised outside of the US and am Asian/European mix. Consequently, I don't fit the kind of "box" that some people try to put me in. I come from a good family, and am looking for someone who is my equal in terms of character and achievement.
Having grown up in Europe, I get along well with men who have grown up there, lived and worked there, or share some of the cultural values that I grew up with. Skin color and ethnicity are neither here nor there, but cultural affinity is important to me.
A polite but firm disclaimer (based on a survey of my online experience) - : )
Please do not contact me if:
1. You are looking for casual sex or hookups.
2. You are trying to get me to consider casual sex. There are plenty of women out there who are available for hookups so you don't need to make me join their ranks.
3. And finally, don't send me hate mails just because you don't like what I've stated here. If these basic standards don't work for you, then this is not the right connection for you. Move on.
* Playing piano and latin dancing (cha cha, salsa, tango)
* Listening to people, hearing what they really need
* Being a loyal and true friend. You will not find be gossiping about you beind your back. If I need to criticize something you did, I will let you know myself.
* Going out and having a good time with my friends!
* Being independent and not needing to know what a guy is "thinking" all the time. I am comfortable in my own skin and don't need to be reassured by a man about how he feels about me.
* Intelligent, good language skills.
* Thoughtful, observant.
Books: The Solitude of Prime Numbers; The Handmaiden's Tale; Space Odessey; Miss Smilla's Feeling For Snow; A General Theory of Love
2. Peace of mind.
3. People who know and love me.
4. A clean and uncluttered living space.
5. Meaningful work.
6. Hope for the future.
* Dancing, socializing, how I appreciate my friends.
* Planning for the future.
* Planning on how to enjoy the week ahead.
Or, calling it an early night and curled up on my couch watching TV.