I recently spent a year living/working in Beijing. When I got back, I left my job and spent the next 2 months riding 14,000 miles around the US on a motorcycle, setting a Guinness World Record in the process. It was one of the most incredible experiences I've ever had.
Not opposed to just having some fun, but genuinely looking for something real at this point in my life. Figured couldn't hurt to give this a try.
Also, producing and editing documentary films.
One thing I am terrible at is cooking, though I do pop a mean popcorn and once seriously considered opening a restaurant that only served cereal.
To list a few things:
-music: I love classic rock, but will listen to almost anything. Fun. is probably my favorite "current" band.
-books: My Side of the Mountain (I always wanted to do that), The Alchemist, all the Malcolm Gladwell books, Moneyball (the movie too), Oh The Places You'll Go...
- Movies: Dumb and Dumber, Happy Gilmore, Shawshank, Life is Beautiful, Cool Hand Luke, Forrest Gump, lots of others
-tv shows: I don't like most shows that are on tv, but every now and then I can be found watching Shark Tank, Jeopardy, old history channel shows, and True Detective. I'm also a big fan of How I Met Your Mother and New Girl.
- Food: I could eat a good burger any day. Also Chinese food, and/or pizza. And every once in a while All You Can Eat (and sometimes Drink) Sushi.
1. Family (I have the best one in the world)
2. Friends (I also have the best in the world. Some still from pre-school even)
3. Travel (I like getting away from it all)
4. Water of some kind (beach or lake, I'll take either any day)
5. Teddy (my dog)
6. My lungs, heart, brain, or other major organs (just seemed like they shouldn't be left off the list...)
My six (hopefully) not-too-cliche things:
1. Laughter (life's too short to get upset)
2. Crazy adventures (the motorcycle trip is just one example. I've got plenty more on the list!)
3. Spontaneity (things get boring if you don't shake them up every once in a while)
4. Movie theater popcorn (it's just so damn good)
5. A shower (who doesn't love a good shower)
6. Oranges (really all fruit. But oranges are the best)
If you know the answer to this riddle:
If you say my name, I'm no longer there. What am I?