Hey, I'm Bryan! I am a small business owner and college graduate from Pittsburgh, PA. I left the Steel City to start anew in Los Angeles in October 2011, and I've been loving every second of it. Here's a bit about me in list form since lists are pleasing on the eye, and candy for the soul:
• I'm 27 years old
• I'm culturally Jewish but not terribly observant
• I'm in a Jewish fraternity, AE∏
• I'm politically left-leaning
• Gay rights and marriage equality are a big deal to me
• I was born a dualie with US & Canadian citizenship
• I consider myself a nerd
• I love NPR. I am out of touch with popular music because I
don't think I've listened to a popular music radio station since
• I also love Jazz
• I love board games. All kinds. Let's play them.
• I daydream with the frequency and imagination of J.D. from
• I enjoy movies and TV on DVD
• I love any excuse to throw together a kick ass Costume (see photos)
• Despite having come from the Steel City, I am not at ALL into televised sports, even and especially football. The only sport I like watching is curling (obligatory "I was into it before it was cool circa winter olympics 2010" statement), and I don't even go out of my way very far to do that.
I don't consider myself an artist, but I paint acrylic on canvas and make sculpture art for fun. I love art of all kinds, but not in a pretentious way. I recently custom-built a macbook from parts culled from eBay and made it Pittsburgh-themed (black and gold) for no real reason other than I like expressing myself through art. Before I moved to LA, I made going-away presents for my closest friends that were carded action figure versions of themselves, complete with accessories and pad-art.
Past my quasi-goofy exterior, most people comment on my unusually robust upper body strength. I was a mover for 5 years, so I have a strong upper body. Need help moving that couch through an awkward doorway with a 90º turn? I'm your guy! I also have calves of steel thanks to swim team as a kid. I swear, I haven't worked my calves since middle school (besides walking), and they are still rock hard (oh baby, oh baby?)
Since I'm a neurotic Jew, I can't talk myself up as much as I did in the middle paragraph without making this a self-deprication sandwich... sooo... I have horrible allergies to pet dander, but that doesn't stop me from literally rubbing my face on their fur (or depending on their size, rubbing them all over my face). Totally attractive imagery, I know...to say nothing of the congestion, sneezing, and "high eyes" that follow =P.
Movies: The Godfather, Chasing Amy, The Terminator, Big Fish, Clerks II, Star Wars (All 6), The Nolan Batman Films, Bakshi, Burton, Smith, ... the list goes on, but too much to put here. Message me if you want to talk film!
Shows: Futurama, How It's Made, Scrubs, The Simpsons, The Critic, Red Dwarf, Duckman, The Undergrads, LOST, ROOTS,
Music: Koufax, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Tally Hall, The Beatles, Beach Boys, Count Basie Big Band, Jazz, Alt Rock, Indie Rock, John Williams, Danny Elfman, Hans Zimmer, Weird Al Yankovic,
Food: Poutine, Orange Julep (not Julius), Green Tea, Seafood, Bacon, Avocados, whatever the name of that salad is with cranberries, walnuts, and vinaigrette
Alcohol: Moscato (the sweeter the better), concord red (though Manischewitcz is too sweet even for me), frozen fruity margaritas with a slice of lime and a sugar rim, chambord and cream, malibu and vanilla coke... you see where I'm getting here. The "manliest" thing I drink is honey whiskey, and that's grading on a curve...
1. my cell phone
2. Canada/my being Canadian
3. Judaism/AE∏, even though I'm not particularly religious
4. a creative outlet (or several)
5. loose leaf tea
6. Iced Coffee
Six things I like, but this question's wording is too loaded to include:
In no particular order
1. TV on DVD
2. meat/seafood. More power to you if you are a veg/vegan, but I am a meat eater seeking the same
3. my Bichon, Dash (he lives in PA with my folks, but he's my baby) (*ed. note: 10/15/1999 - 5/10/2012. Rest in Peace Dash) =(
4. touching/cuddling/physical intimacy
5. iDevices and OS X (though I'm not an Apple snob, and quite abhor the Apple "culture")
6. a love of film and classical animation, and a desire to do both
Honestly, if your match percent is high when you come across my profile, then chances are there are some sparks. Why risk missing that opportunity? I know rejection is a big deal and a big deterrent, and I know how much ignored messages sting. I will do my damnedest to reply, even if to say "thank you for the compliment and for putting yourself out there, but I don't think we'd be a good match."
Being Jewish, Canadian, a dog person, a fan/follower of Dan Savage, Star Wars, the Half-Life/Portal Franchise, Red Dwarf, MTV's The Undergrads, or Futurama aren't mandatory, but if you are all those things, I know a good rabbi who does weddings! (humor, people… chill)
Looking forward to hearing from you!