I am generally looking for escapism in my movies and shows. Getting me to watch television other than cartoons is a feat. My threshold for empathy is too low to make it through a lot of newer comedy shows; watching people suffer or make bad decisions doesn't usually make me laugh.
A few things that have been getting a lot of play at the moment:
- I watch a lot of kung fu movies. Particularly fond of the 70's and 80's Shaw Brothers flicks. I am pretty much always down to watch Five Deadly Venoms, Crippled Avengers, or Kid with the Golden Arms.
- This song is a guaranteed mood shifter and booty shaker for me, plus it has one of Santigold's hottest verses: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4SNtFQZF0A
- An old Eskimo and Sons EP is sometimes the most perfect music.
- Finally picked up The Name of the Wind and have been enjoying the hell out of it.
- Keeping up with probably more comics than I need to, including: Saga, Sex Criminals, East of West, Bitch Planet, Lumberjanes, and Prophet.
- I love cartoons and think Adventure Time is one of the best things ever. Also have a lot of love for Rick and Morty, Gravity Falls, and the Lucas Bros.
- On near-constant overload from all of the delicious food Portland has on offer.
One thing getting lots of attention lately: is time/the fourth dimension necessarily only as big as the other three spatial dimensions, or is it possible for there to be a "time out of space"? Is that more likely/possible than a "space out of time"?