Here's some quick facts about me:
- I am Poly, so I will have a number of partners beyond one.
- I have a long, unusual beard. No, i'm not cutting it.
- I have two different coloured eyes. (left: grey, right: brown)
- I design video games for a living. It's as awesome as you think it is. ;)
- I have lived in a bunch of different countries over the years (it was Sweden before the UK), but I am originally from Canada.
- I am decent at photography, but don't get to shoot much anymore. Feel free to take a peek at my flickr photostream if you like.
- I have a spine stitched together with titanium. It's even less awesome than you think it is.
- I am a very calm person. It sometimes weirds people out.
- I don't drink, nor have I in the past. No, I'm not starting just cause you asked me to try. ;)
- I'm kinky, but in difficult to describe ways in the length of a bullet point.
- I like bullet point lists. Personally and Professionally.
As for the rest, well, probably working too much.
Last but not least, I constantly dream of traveling. I can't wait for what my next big adventure will be, though I am not sure where it will be yet. I would love to go back to Morocco, I'd go in a heartbeat, and I really want to go to Antarctica. It seems I have a fetish for extreme places, which is fitting, as I know full well I have a personality of extremes.
My last big trip was to the arctic circle to visit Longyearbyen in Svalbard. It was amazing.
- Treating people with respect
- Noticing what's going on
- Learning how to read non-verbal language from my partner
- Remembering things. Especially the generally useless and non-helpful things.
Personality wise, My "Strong, silent type" exterior and my direct approach. I don't mince words.
The Eels, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Miike Snow, Massive Attack, The Notwist, Sunset Rubdown, Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles, Radiohead, Portishead, White Stripes, Cake, Mother Mother, Soundgarden, The Doors, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes, Tool, Sufjan Stevens, Calexico, Led Zeppelin, Rufus Wainwright, The Books, Nine Inch Nails, Blonde Redhead, Fuck Buttons, Tokyo Police Club, The Islands, Queens of the Stone Age, Buena Vista Social Club, Kwoon, Gorillaz, DeVotchka, Amon Tobin, LCD Soundsystem, Mogwai, Air, Badly Drawn Boy, Metric, Goldfrapp, Mexican Institute of Sound, The Faint, Beirut, Lovage & and many more.
No Country For Old Men, Oldboy (Korean version), Fight Club, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Requiem for a Dream, The Watchmen, Shawshank Redemption, Starship Troopers, Fight Club, The Good The Bad and The Ugly, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Snatch, Sin City, Little Miss Sunshine, Lost Highway.
This American Life, Radiolab, The Moth, 99% Invisible, Love & Radio, Rebel FM, Risk.
Games: (if you think it's too geeky to list these, we aren't going to get along anyways)
Go, Catan, Carcassone, Shadow of the Colossus, X-Com (all of them, except the weird non-tactics ones, they don't count) Aerobiz Supersonic, Uncharted Waters 2, Bioshock & Bioshock Infinite, the Fallout series, the Elder Scrolls series, Shining Force 1 & 2, Farcry 2 & 3, the Civilization series, Jagged Alliance 2, Silent Storm & related offshoots, Burnout Paradise, FTL, Minecraft, the Monkey Island series, Dawn of War trilogy, Homeworld, Steel Battalion, Diablo 2. Ark, and many others.
This, of course, doesn't help with my insomnia.
I don't see a reason to be out if I don't want to be, or in if I have the urge to wander. Though if I am wandering, I am without a doubt wandering with my camera. :)
... you want a partner in crime to explore each and every secret hidden part of London with.
... you live a few hours from London by train and have a comfy couch and would like an occasional weekend visitor to explore your neck of the woods with! :D
... you laughed when you read these comics:
... you understand that spelling, grammar, punctuation and sentence structure are all good things, but also don't lose your mind at the occasional typo.
... you want someone to talk about zany ideas with, without fear of being judged for them.
... you love photography (you don't have to be good mind you, just love it!) and could use another partner to go shooting with when the light is at its best (or when there is hardly any light to spare!).
... you love being in front of the camera! I love to take portraits.
... you read something in my profile and had no idea what I was going on about. Let's talk about it!
... you have read all the way down to here. If you are here, you are already hooked! ;)