• Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
• The Art of Game Design
• Godel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid
• The Devil's Scourge – Exorcism during the Italian Renaissance
• The core rules for a third cyberpunk tabletop RPG, since the first two weren't quite good enough.
I enjoy Nicolas Cage films. I dislike horror movies unless they're unusually clever (Cabin In The Woods, for example), but I can be convinced to see just about anything in a movie theater. The last Hobbit movie was a garbage, though. For real.
I used to listen to a lot of folk metal, but I listen to most of my music at work now and it's too hard to concentrate when I just want to sing along with the lyrics. Instead, I've taken to listening to a lot of ambient psytrance, which is a needlessly specific genre. I like a lot of stuff, and I have a soft spot in my heart for country songs about ghosts. Oh, and SomaFM!
I enjoy cooking, but mostly because I get to work with my hands. I eat a weird-ass diet for health reasons which consists of about 70% fat. Don't worry, vegetables are great. Dark leafy greens and I are friends. My favorite food is dim sum, because I love 1) variety and 2) dumplings.
*not as in a rotating series of partners, though. You know how some guys are afraid of commitment? I want to be friends with your dog and meet your parents.
Relatedly, I have nothing against polyamory, but I wouldn't be able to handle it myself.
• Hedonic adaptation
• Am I too old to join the CIA? (Probably.) Would I make a good spy? (Probably not.)
• Do I have enough books? (No.) Do I have enough bookshelves? (No.)
Show me something new, though, and you'll have my full attention.
No vegans, though. Seriously. It's just gonna end in tears.