Chances are, if you message me, I'll message you back, but then I'll get overwhelmed by something in real-life, or I just feel general anxiety, so I'll forget to message you back. It's a bad habit of mine. I don't mean any offense, and it's not a lack of interest either. It's just... these dating sites... what's? Why? What's the point anymore? I've been on here for a while, so whenever I see a message, I don't really take it seriously. My profile used to be long and drawn-out, with highly detailed aspects about every worthless nuance, because when I initially designed this profile, I didn't think it would be up for years, and years.
So, I'll make this simple.
Instead of writing down my current occupation, or telling you what I'm doing with my capricious life, I do the following things:
- Work Part Time/Full Time at some place, working a job that aren't suited to my skills.
- Go to School Part Time/Full Time (currently working on a networking CCNA program at my community college)
If you're reading my questions, and you're getting a feel for who I am, toss it all out the window. I wrote that nonsense ages ago. I hardly remember what I wrote for most of it.
As far as hobbies go:
- PC Gaming (for the rare moments I have time to do it)
- PC/Laptop/Smartphone repair.
- Writing sometimes, drawing sometimes; though my skill in both areas has atrophied considerably over the years of frustration and disuse.
- Photoshop, graphics design, when it's demanded.
- Super Smash Brothers.
- Making weird shit, like trying to turn an old Android phone into a Pip Boy 3000, sorta.
- I used to edit videos, and was pretty proficient at Adobe After Effects and Adobe Premiere Pro. I'd like to get back into video editing if I could ever afford a decent camera. I have half-finished storyboards and scripts for a lot of projects I'll never finish.
I'm skilled in using Adobe Photoshop, and though I haven't used things like Adobe After Effects, and Adobe Premiere in a long...
blah blah blah blah blah
- Arthur C. Clarke - 2001: A Space Odyssey
- Arthur C. Clarke Childhood's End
- Hunter S. Thompson - Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
- J.R.R. Tolkein - the Lord of the Rings and even the Hobbit
- Carl Sagan - Contact
- George Orwell - 1984
- Battlestar Galactica (Series)
- Star Trek: The Next Generation (Series)
- Doctor Who (BBC series) I USED to like Doctor Who. Let that be a conversation-starter for you. "Why, O why do you hate Doctor Who?"
- Top Gear (BBC series)
- Red State (not 'Red Dawn', 'Red State' by Kevin Smith)
- True Detective
- Game of Thrones
- Rocky Horror Picture Show
- The Boondock Saints
- Inglourious Basterds as well as... pretty much every single movie Tarantino's made. IB is just my favourite among them.
- Pan's Labyrinth
- Death Note (anime series)
- Ghost in the Shell (anime series)
- Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (anime series)
- Cowboy Bebop (anime series)
- Princess Mononoke (anime movie)
- Akira (anime movie)
- The Fox and the Hound
- Fantastic Mr. Fox
- Death to Smoochy
- Fight Club
- Sweeney Todd
- Donnie Darko
- Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
- The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
- A Clockwork Orange
- The Big Lebowski
- American History X
...too many to name, honestly, I really enjoy movies. And my tastes aren't limited to a narrow spectrum, either. I should mention that I don't regularly watch television. Cable TV drives me nuts. I don't have time to sit through a commercial or flip through channels. If I want to watch something, I'll look it up online.
My tastes are very diverse, so I'm going to name the few that immediately come to my mind.
- Blind Guardian
- System of a Down
- Lots and lots of... Disney music. Like, lots and lots.
- TENACIOUS D!
- Pink Floyd
- Van Canto
- Doctor Steel
- Jessica Hernandez & The Deltas
- Grand Funk Railroad
- Chris Cornell
- Sound Garden
- Black Sabbath
- DAFT PUNK
- George Watsky
- Danny Elfman
- Demons & Wizards
- The Seatbelts (the band that did the Cowboy Bebop OST)
- Avenged Sevenfold
- Tim Minchin
- The Beatles
- Steam Powered Giraffe
- Lots of video game and movie OSTs.
Anything tasty and good for you.
2. is waste
3. of time.
Video games? Fuck yes. Movies/series? Hell yeah. Singing duets (I'd kill to sing Love is an Open Door with somebody), absolutely, put me down. Co-operative, creative projects in Photoshop, writing, or crafts on some cosplay? Fuck yes. We're fixing a computer together, or teaching each other some kind of skill (3D modelling/painting/yoga/whatever) to better ourselves? Absolutely. I want to do stuff.
Second: My Living Situation
I live in a house with 3 other housemates. I have my own car. I have a full-time job. If you don't find the idea of somebody paying the rent with three other people lame/pathetic/juvenile then we should get along swimmingly on that front.
Third: Let's be friends first.
Understand that we've got to be friends before we call ourselves an item--and I'm always down to meet new people. We need to, like, hang out, and have fun. Maybe I'll invite you to a party, or you'll invite me to one with your friends? Maybe we'll go for coffee one day? (Obviously, I'd prefer our first face-to-face meet be in a public place over coffee or something). I'd love to play PC video games like Left 4 Dead, or TF2, Overwatch--I'm hoping to meet somebody who was into that kind of stuff. I'm also cool with Skype/Discord/whatever messaging platform dates, where we binge watch some series together, or the latest Doctor Who episode or something like that. Shit, I don't know.
Fourth: Don't be shy.
Please, don't be shy to message me. Don't think you're "too ugly" or "too nerdy" or "too fat" (because I actually prefer chubby women) or "too awkward." Maybe my profile makes me seem like a grumpy asshole, but I really am easy to get along with. I'm just disillusioned with online-dating.
If you read everything above, great job. What you find below is not compulsory.
What am I NOT looking for?
==No Baby Factories==
If you want to be a baby factory, go ruin somebody else's life.
==People Who Fall in "Love" Easily==
We must be FRIENDS FIRST before the word "love" starts getting slung around carelessly. Maybe I'm a hopeless romantic--or maybe you're just crazy.
I want to love and be loved as much as anybody else, but my definition of "Love" is not the watered-down bullshit out of one of your trashy pop-songs.
If you start talking about us getting a place together and getting married and having kids all in a mere six months after meeting--get lost. Grow up.
That's a dangerous, toxic way to think. You'll make a fine bride for an axe-murderer, one day.
That kind of "love," is a chemical imbalance in your fucking brain--or a reflection of your weak, desperate need for intimacy. I want a woman, not a little girl. "Love" to me, is a deep connection of mind, body and soul--something that blooms over time, like a flower (or a tumor). That's why I'm telling you, I want to be friends first.