"It's a mistake I don't have low self-esteem, I have low esteem for everyone else."-- Daria
Are you looking for a Cloud to your Aerith? A Weis to your Hickman? A tank to your Healer? A Trent to your Daria? A Chrono to your Marle?
Well you may be in luck. But first let me get the dealbreakers out of the way.
1. I'm chubby. But really I don't think that's such a big deal. We aren't talking "needs a hover-round to ambulate Jabba the Hutt Sailbarge" chubby. But I'm not going to pretend I'm any of the waifish anime characters listed above. I'm way more Rufus than I am Fei Long. (But hey, Rufus is top tier.)
2. I am as they say. . . polyamorous. And I know poly-amory is wrong. (Greek prefix, Roman root.) And I know we have a cultural expectation of monogamy. . . even in Final Fantasy VIII. But I really like people and I like being able to connect with them without arbitrary limits on where emotional and physical intimacy end. But as a note, it means you can be the Lucca to my Chrono and Marle, and she was cooler anyway.
On the bright side:
1. I'm open-minded and genuinely like most people. Despite all the Cloud analogy up there I'm really more like a Tidus. I'd like you to be the same. Shy is cool, dorky is mandatory, but please at least try to be open to new ideas and world views.
2. I'm loyal. Think of me as a companion cube. (But please don't incinerate me.) If we get along as friends or lovers, I'm very much the sort of person who will go the extra mile.
3. I'm passionate about what I like. I have no shame about what I enjoy, and I try to be honest about who I am. See my obscene closet of gaming and my nerdy shelf? I'm not trying to be anything I'm not. Like Snake in Metal Gear, sometimes I'm hurt because of what I am, but I never deny it.
4. As Zack so eloquently put it in Zack and Miri Make a Porno. "I <3 to eat pussy."
5. I'm not religious. I've fought god as a last boss in enough games from Xenogears to Bayonetta to know it's wise not to bug people about those things.
I am dorky, acerbic, and blunt
Also I'm probably carrying a Street Fighter Joystick and or laptop.
Serious: White Noise, Fierce Invalids Home from Hot Climates, House of Leaves, Gameboys, Ethical Slut
Nerdy: Snow Crash, Patient Zero, World War Z
Comics: Preacher, Transmetropolitan, Wanted, Punisher, JTHM
Network, Chasing Amy, V for Vendetta, Secretary, Shortbus
Star Trek, Firefly, Weeds, Dexter, Buffy/Angel.
Nerdy: MC Frontalot, MC Lars, 8-bit
Pop Punk: GreenDay, Blink 182, Angels and Airwaves, Boxcar Racer
Political: Mindless Self Indulgence, Flobots, (some) Eminem
Electronica: Nine inch Nails, InnerPartySystem
Indie: Shins, Decemberists
I like cheap pizza a lot.
That's only four. But I'm not needy.
Also about other people. I try to notice things other people don't and to appreciate people for who they are. It helps me with drawing and with just looking at people.
Also I think a lot about why most people don't think for themselves. I try to live by this wise creed: "If you are thinking you are winning."
Also being male I think a lot about sex, but often in a nerdy way. As John Mitchell Cameron said, "Sex, like music, is a universal language. We want to use it to introduce character, evoke emotion, propel the plot. Sex is also the funniest thing I know. How the hell do we find ourselves in those positions?"
You have to ask politely to see them.
End of Line