I always do my best to stay focused on my passions and move forward doing the best I possibly can in life.
No matter what I do or how well I do it I always striving to be better and to do better. I am addicted to learning and laughing. I am a natural introvert but a modified extravert with an insatiable desire to live well and help others. I love doing things that are creative and constructive. I am equally fascinated with the richness of history and the possibilities of the future (this last point seems to /strongly/ influence my choices in documentaries.).
Links about me:
- playing around and being silly
- Setting goals
- Watching films
* "Wow, you are very animated"
* "You have a very... um.. strong? voice"
* "You are a very energetic person, aren't you?"
Basically, I have a very big personality... and I don't really hide it well. I am super passionate about life and it shows... at least on one-on-one situations or small groups... In large crowds I either prefer to be on stage in front of them, or just another person in the crowd.
Mostly boring computer books; personal development books; or business books (Hey, I like 'em!)
== FILMS ==
Bicentennial man, Jurassic Park, 500 Days of Summer, Pirates of Silicon Vally, The Social Network, The Prestige, The Pursuit of Happyness, Inception, Across the Universe, Premium Rush, Midnight in Paris... and nearly any Woody Allen film!
== TV ==
The Neighbors, True Blood, The Goldbergs, New Girl, Arrested Development, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Star Trek: TNG, Star Trek Enterprise, Community, The IT Crowd, The Inbetweeners, The Big Bang Theory, As Time Goes By, Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares, I Love Lucy, America's Got Talent, Doogie Howser M.D., Peep Show, Traffic Light, Coupling.
== MUSIC ==
AWOLNATION, Passenger, Bastille, Lana del Rey, Daft Punk, Michael Bublé, The Lumineers, Naia Kete, Michael Jackson, Daniel Bedingfield, The Kooks, Mika, The Killers, Maroon 5, Keane, James Blunt, Jack Johnson, McFly, The Script, Adam Lambert, Take That, Muse, Example, Eminem, La Roux, Katy Perry, Akon
== COMEDIANS ==
Woody Allen, Rodney Dangerfield, Bill Burr, Louis C.K., Paula Poundstone, Lewis Black, Bo Burnham, Drew Carey, Will Forte
== FOOD ==
I LOVE Indian food, British food, and Thai food... especially Thai food!
- GNU/Linux (preferably openSUSE)
- The Internet
- Passion & fullfilment
- Family & Friends
1) I use dry erase markers to write affirmations, goals, and TODO lists on my bathroom mirror... I erase it when people come over (unless I know them really well).
2) I grew up Catholic, then became non-denominational Evangelical Christian and eventually was baptized Mormon. I was Mormon for 8 months before I realized I was an atheist the whole time!
3) I was basically homeless at one point in time. I slept in my car in the parking lot of a Walmart. I eventually lived in an unused office building for 3 months until I bought a 1974 Dodge Jamboree motor home. I lived in the motor home for about a year and a half on-and-off. All the while, I was filling my brain with knowledge that I knew would one day help me establish a great career working with open source software and Linux.
4) Somewhere around early 2009, I consciously decided not to pursue any romantic interests in order to double down on focusing on my career... especially after the economic crash in 2008. As a result of this I have been single, and celibate since 2008. I think this was the right move and have been happy with this choice. I am only now getting serious about dating again.
I have plenty more interesting private and personal details to share under the right situations and to the right person.
Sounds like you?.. message me already!