I perform Improvised and Sketch comedy in front of paying audiences at the Dallas Comedy House in Deep Ellum on a regular basis, and it's one of the most fun and rewarding things I have ever done in my life. I've met amazing people, made lasting friendships, and above all have laughed (and made others laugh) on a constant basis!
I'm not a party animal or club goer, but I do love having the occasional drink or going out and exploring Dallas. Despite having lived here most of my life, I'm quickly realizing just how much there is to do and how many things I have yet to discover. For example, I recently learned of a place where you can go jump on Giant Trampolines! On the other hand, I spent way too much time trying to figure out the symbolism in some Chinese Art at the crow museum, so there are a lot of opportunities (I love Karaoke, Kayaking and Museums, to name a few - a pretty broad assortment!)
Despite this, it's the conversations, the company and the friendships we form that truly make things special. Many of the most rewarding experiences of my life have occurred while simply talking to friends and enjoying each others company, epic adventure or not! Intellectual or philosophical conversations are fantastic!
Movies/TV: As far as TV goes, I love good scifi shows such as Doctor Who, Firefly, and Battlestar Galactica, along with dramas such as Sherlock and The Walking Dead. For movies, my taste can vary wildly, but if it were possible to have watched the Lord of The Rings Trilogy too many times, I would certainly qualify! Thank goodness that's not actually possible.
Music: I find that menial tasks such as cleaning the kitchen become infinitely more interesting with a booming orchestra and choir to make you feel like you’re saving the world in the process. Accordingly I love film scores, symphonic metal, and Gregorian choirs joined with electric guitar. Also, you can't go wrong with Freddie Mercury's voice.
Food: I’m quite open-minded about food, and I love delicious new things. Cooking can be fun, and I’m fairly good at it. However, I do have an ongoing feud with the beef tips and rice that launched a nefarious plot to kill me in the midst of the college Cafeteria a few years back.
2. Being able to express myself through the beauty of writing, be it in a serious manner or via a story about how my professors are secretly a band of galaxy-conquering Guinea-Pig Pirates bent on wiping out humanity.
3. Those rare moments when I have a building or vehicle to myself and I can turn up the volume to a wonderful song, burst out “singing”, and do some crazy-jumble of contortions that’s apparently supposed to be called “dancing”. Don't worry, you need not be witness to it should you not want to see the horror.
4. The waves of brilliant ideas and inspirations that come to me whenever I take a shower or a bath. I sometimes wonder if my good friend Mr. Bubble is psychic.
5. My inner ten year old. He’s a pretty cool guy when you give him a college education to work with, and unlike my actual ten year old self, he doesn’t spend his time thinking about Pokémon. He does still play with Legos however.
6. The opportunity to learn new things and gain a newfound appreciation of the world around me and a humble recognition of my own ignorance in comparison.
7. Friendship, Family and the opportunity to share in the joys of life with those I care about.