I'm a pretty silly guy. I laugh often, and have a deep appreciation for the absurd. I like witty jokes, dumb jokes, and painful puns.
Some of my favorite social interests are camping, swimming, tubing, theme parks (I have passes to the Disney and Universal parks in Orlando), museums, dive bars, live music, and games of all types.
I identify as polyamorous. I've have been ethically non-monogamous since at least 2007. After 15 year of marriage, my wife and I are transitioning to a friends and co-parent style relationship. I have one other partner, whom I only get to see around once a month or so. If you are unfamiliar with polyamory, just go read a little bit. I promise I'll still be here when you get back.
My family is really the most important thing to me. This includes my family of birth, the family that I live with, and our circle of friends and lovers. We're always going on adventures together.
I'm trying to expand my activities. Last year I focused on getting into nature more. I want to expand on this, and make some more trips to the beach. Maybe learn to surf (I have a surfboard, if you are willing to help me). Earlier in my life, I was very into art, but that has been deprioritized. I would like to get back into it though, maybe with oil pastels and wood carving.
I'm a great listener. I find it easy to connect with people, and find common ground, and am completely non-judgmental. I share freely, and invite those I talk with to do the same.
I'm also good at finding creative solutions for problems. It may not be pretty, and it may not be permanent, but it will get you by in the meantime.
Puzzles and games. I once for a very brief time had the highest world score in Angry Birds Seasons. I also am a decent Words with Friends player. I'm usually very quick to solve puzzles as well, often intuitively grasping the solution before I even have it fully figured out.
Being barefoot. 👣
I like books with strong engaging and round characters, and multi-faceted plots like the Wheel of Time, but I also fun and silly books like the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
I don't watch as many movies as I used to, so I tend to stick to the big ones. I really do enjoy sitting down with Netflix every once in a while for some fun escapism.
The shows that I like the most have continuing storylines and a fairly large cast of characters. Bonus points if there is some fantasy/sci-fi element. Documentaries are great too. If you haven't watched Gotham yet, you should.
My musical tastes are varied, and my moods unpredictable. I'm glad for Pandora and Apple music so that I don't have to reply on a music collection, or I would be very poor. Glass Animals come up more often than others though.
There are few types of food that I don't like, and even fewer that I am unwilling to try at least once. Some of my favorite dishes are Thai, Indian, and Caribbean, as I enjoy bold flavors.
I love storytelling, and so I listen to podcasts pretty often. NPR produces a number of good ones, but I don't limit myself to those. I'm particular to This American Life.
I read a lot of webcomics. They all just magically appear in my feed reader, and I love it. Here are my favorites: Alphie, Chester 5000 XYV, Dresden Codak, Girl Genius, Go Get a Roomie, Hyperbole and a Half (inactive), Kimchi Cuddles, Luci Phur's Imps (inactive), Ménage a 3, Nic Buxom (inactive), Oglaf!, Oh Joy Sex Toy, Omake Theatre, Questionable Content, Real Life Comics (Rarely updates), Rutabaga: Adventure Chef (inactive), Strong Female Protagonist, The Meek, The Oatmeal, The Rock Cocks, and Tune (inactive)
2. The Internet - The Internet is how I stay connected to those I love whom I don't see every day, it also serves as a supplementary brain, storing important information, both personal and public, as well as how I make a living. It isn't that I can't unplug, but my powers are greatly reduced.
3. Books - Both a source of information and entertainment. I love getting lost in a good book. I enjoy them as physical paper books, ebooks, and audiobooks.
4. Swiss Army Knife - I carry this everywhere, and has most of the tools that I use for daily activities. I've been called "Ever-Ready" and "MacGuiver" by friends and family by always seeming to have a tool they need at a moment's notice. This is just the central piece of my every-day carry kit (no weapons included).
5. My hammock - I just need two poles/trees between 10-20 feet apart and 5 minutes. I keep it in my backpack that I take everywhere, and I am always looking for opportunities to enjoy the gentle sway.
6. Games - Whether they are video games, board games, puzzles, or role-playing games, I love exercising my mind with a challenge.
• you are not a jealous type, and open to a relationship with a poly guy.
• you enjoy playing and being silly.
• you enjoy conversations about ethics and philosophy.
• you appreciate the surreal.
• you feel like it.