pre-work tennis on sunny mornings.
hilariously random conversations.
making fresh tracks in perfect snow.
Eureka moments in the shower.
having a job that's more play than work.
being thankful for all the things that are going right in your life.
When I'm not in the office I'm playing tennis, rollerblading, hiking, or snowboarding depending on the season. I love pushing my culinary boundaries too - I will taste just about anything once, am always on the hunt for a new recipe to try out (any taste tester volunteers?), and would say some of my most vivid memories of travel abroad involve sampling the local cuisine.
Authors: William Gibson, Michael Pollan, Steve Erikson, Neil Gaiman
Musicians: Smashing Pumpkins, Alicia Keys, Florence and the Machine, Matt & Kim, Tegan and Sara
Movies: I've come to realize that I'm a sucker for imaginative, visually stunning movies - Interstellar is a recent favorite and Inception, Hero, The Fountain, and anything by Miyazaki are some old ones.
Shows: Seinfeld, Big Bang Theory, The Walking Dead, Mad Men
Stand up Comics: Louis CK, Luis Black, Bill Burr, Chris Rock
Print Comics: Calvin & Hobbes, The Far Side, Bizarro
Web Comics: XKCD
- Taste buds
- Daily laughter
- Deep conversations with silliness woven in
- Fresh powder and bluebird skies
- You get urges to express yourself creatively, doubly so if your preferred medium is edible.
- You feel that the world would be a better place with more TED talks and less reality television.
- You've traded wheat for sheep with the best of them.
- To you cold weather just means putting on another layer before hitting the slopes.