I want a nerdy lover. Talk derivative to me and you'll become integral to my equation. Our movie nights will be TED talks, roleplaying will be with a twenty-sider, and we'll fall asleep snuggling with eachother's book collections. :)
Hello. I'm a warm-hearted goofy ultra-nerd game designer, sex-educator, and kinkster seeking vibrant shared-interest-driven friendships that optionally might turn into a relationship later. Some would call that a "queerplatonic" relationship, which has become my new favorite word. Will you be my zucchini?
A relationship starts easiest when you think of it as trying to find a best friend with whom you could trust your life, but (unless you're asexual) who you also want to fuck. We don't need to wrap it up in a bunch of other expectations at the start of a relationship. Find a best friend.
I am polyamorous, but currently single, which means that we celebrate when we make progress in other relationships (compersion) and comfort eachother when there's sadness in-kind.
Why Dating Is Fu*ked!!!
The Song that Best Captures Who I Am Inside: Pollyanna (Click here for the music) (Click here for the lyrics)
Most Recent Laugh: Markiplier Animated | The Itch
Listening to: Kraid's Campfire Ballad
Basics of the Kink/BDSM Scene
ATTN OKCupid Newbies: OKCupid Do's and Don'ts
ATTN Quickmatch Users: I'm at OKCupid.com/profile/EmrysTernal
I have a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science (with a Math minor). I work doing what I love (game design and sex education) and when you love your work, you never work a day in your life. I aspire to become a game design pioneer and master in my specialty.
Most of my social life involves the the Austin-area nerd scene and kink/BDSM scene. If either of those two pique your interests, you should probably message me right now.
2. Putting my all into each of my passions.
3. Being decisive when the need is dire.
4. Game design instincts and intuition.
2. My eyes are really striking and seem to change color.
3. Apparently I'm adorable when I'm flustered, and I have dimples. I've also been told that I have a rarely-seen sultry side.
Books: Discworld series (Terry Pratchett), Nuclear Bombshell series (John Zakour and Lawrence Ganem), Another Fine Myth series (Robert Asprin), Phule's Company series (Robert Asprin), Redwall series (Brian Jacques), and the Rats of NIMH series (Robert C. O'Brien and Jane Leslie Conly).
Movies: The Wizard of Speed and Time, Sleepless in Seattle (really, any movie with Meg Ryan and/or Tom Hanks... except Mazes and Monsters or any of the religious shit he's put out), The Truman Show, anything by Ghibli, and anything by Satoshi Kon.
Shows: NCIS, House, M*A*S*H, The Daily Show, The Young Turks, Doctor Who (except for the sexist episodes Steven Moffat writes/produces), Law and Order: SVU, Avatar: The Last Airbender, and Star Trek: Voyager.
Music:♪♫♪ Everything from Pentatonix, Smooth McGroove, and Andrew Huang (Songs to Wear Pants To). Additionally, atmospheric music, ambient music, orchestral music (all kinds, including single-instrument), videogame OSTs, and anime OSTs.
Examples: Allegro Cantabile, All That I Want.
Food: My chicken broccoli cheese rice casserole, Milk Chocolate (of all kinds, including chocolate milk), American Buffet, Chinese Buffet, Bacon Cheeseburger, Pizza, ...pretty much anything really except seafood.
Anime (excluding movies): Detective Conan (Case Closed), Clannad (et al), Kanon, Pita-Ten, Fullmetal Alchemist, Dennou Coil (Cyber Coil), The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Lucky Star, and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (et al).
Comedians: Gabriel Iglesias, Eddie Izzard, Lewis Black, George Carlin, and Victor Borge (not necessarily in that order).
Games: Chrono Trigger, Shadow of the Colossus, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Morrowind (Elder Scrolls 3), Secret of Mana, Portal 1 & 2, Terraria, Jamestown, D&D 3.5e, Magic the Gathering, Artemis, Betrayal at House on the Hill... too many to count really. I'm a HUGE gamer (being a game designer does that), so if you have a problem with videogames in general (or wouldn't play with me) then we're not likely to become friends.
1. A close friend (maybe you could be that friend?).
2. My recipe for chicken broccoli cheese rice casserole (it's that good).
3. Videogames, preferably stuff with high or infinite replayability (and cooperative play for item #1 :D ).
4. A large thick blanket with a giant pillow (sleep is awesome).
5. Internet access in some capacity (even if it's just enough to check my email and send emails).
6. Some kind of dictaphone (to keep a log of my experiences).
Also, I spend a lot of time on game design, nerd culture, fencing, battle gaming, anime/manga, spirituality, philosophy, ethics, politics, magic, religion, sexuality, sensuality, videogames, and tabletop RPGs... oh man do I think a lot about those. I've been working on a futuristic D&D campaign. Feel free to ask me about it!
My ideal Friday night is talking into the late hours with someone special about various intellectual topics. ^_^ I thrive on that stuff.
I'm lonely. Relationships are nice, but close friendships based on shared interests would be better for me right now.
This profile is a reflection of who I am inside. For most people, whether or not they'll click on my profile at all boils down to the attractiveness of my main profile photo... and that's sad. It's extraordinarily rare for someone to start up a conversation with me, and I tend to avoid starting up the conversation myself because meeting new people is scary!
Another private thing: although I'm a switch, overall I'm a bit submissive on-average.
Yes, I have a play room like from that movie (pictures are in my "Locations" album) but real play rooms almost never look like they do in that movie. I can answer any questions you may have about the real thing and even help you explore that side of your sexuality, but I'm not Christian Grey and you should not aspire to be Ana. Ana was a twit.
Just... message me. You will most certainly brighten my day. You should especially message me if you fit any of the following:
1. You remember the last thing that made you laugh so hard you nearly cried. (By all means, please tell me what it was!)
2. You've answered 200+ of my matching questions, and we have a match rating of 80% or more and an enemy rating of 20% or less.
3. You're kinky or curious (even if only remotely) about kink or BDSM. It's always awesome to chat with kinky or kink-curious people, even if we'll never actually play. I'd be happy to point you in the right direction to learn more about the lifestyle. Let me make one thing abundantly clear though: My sexual health is of paramount importance to me, so we're NOT going to have intercourse (even with protection) until we can share test results. I have a strapon dildo we could use, but we're not having intercourse. Kinky play or an evening of mutual pleasure are another matter entirely.