My best friend and his cousin were talking about me the other day, when his cousin asked why I wasn't in a relationship. My best friend, responding on my behalf, told her that it was because I knew relationships were work, and that I didn't want to put that work in because I was content with my dogs.
And that about sums up my dating life for the past few years.
You see, for a former serial dater such as myself, one of the hardest tasks to accomplish is to get over the fear of being alone. I made a lot of mistakes out of a fear of being lonely so to grow as a person, I knew I had to come to terms with being alone and to find my own sense of contentedness. To be cliche, I had to learn how to love myself.
Which brings us to today: I'm content.
I have a great job, a place of my own, two beautiful dogs, a decent set of wheels, and all the gadgets and knick-knacks that I could ever want for myself. Which eventually led to this existential Little Mermaid-esque plot twist which is perfectly summarized in three words: "I want more".
I want a partner in life - someone to share my experiences with. Someone with which to have huge arguments that are deeply rooted in how much we care for one another. Someone other than myself to consider in the decisions that I make. Someone to come home to, good day or bad.
Sure, I have no problems standing on my own. I've done it for this long, and there's no doubt in my mind that I could do it for the rest of my life. But I don't want to.
I'd rather spend the rest of my life with you, ____________.
Or not. I'm realistic. We can just be friends too.
Just message me already!
- Work: I'm a Senior Data Analyst for a Medicare Advantage Plan
- My dogs: A Pembroke Welsh Corgi (Shinra Ein, M, 11) and Shiba Inu (Kensei Drei, M, 3)
- Food: I WILL EAT ALL THE THINGS
- Sleep: I'm a biphasic sleeper (2x a day, 3-4 hours at a time)
- Video Games: Currently, I'm obsessed with Summoners War!
- Becoming Madame Mao
- The Perks of Being A Wallflower
- Marvel Comics (Mostly the X-universe, sprinkled with a little Avengers flavor)
- The Sweetest Thing
- Mean Girls
- Easy A
- Seducing Mr. Perfect (Korean)
- Please Teach Me English (Korean)
- 200 Pounds Beauty (Korean)
- Martial arts movies (For the dazzling, albeit unrealistic fight choreography)
- Misc. Romantic Comedies (Guilty pleasure! Shhh...)
- I made it a point not to get cable, because all of the cable companies can eat dicks for breakfast. Netflix, however, is constantly playing in the background.
- Unst, unst, unst, unst
- Wub, wub, wub, wub
- Top 40 Stuff
- Pretty much anything, with the exception of most (not all) heavy metal and country music
There is very little I won't eat. Unless it's weird looking. Or has a weird texture. Or I'm allergic to it.
2. My Vape - I quit smoking back in October of 2013, and this bad boy stops me from bludgeoning people. :D
3. My WRX. Powerful AND practical. :D
4. Sleep - I need sleep. I love sleep. Sleep is a freakin' luxury and I intend to abuse my access to it as much as possible.
5. The Interwebs - I'm a glutton for information. I do research for fun. That alone should be a testament to how twisted my mind is.
6. Family & Friends - I lumped the two conventionally distinct groups of people together because I see them as one. If I consider you a friend, I also consider you family. And if you're family, I also consider you a friend.
Instant ramen - For which I probably would not have survived 2004-08. Left off the list due to sodium content.
Energy drinks - For their role in making my mornings somewhat more bearable. Left off the list due to being inferior to additional sleep.
Money - Because we all fucking need it, damn it. Left off the list due to its tendency to disappear faster than it's earned.
I often come up with a bunch of really tasty ideas only to end up throwing them out the window and getting cheese fries.
Out with my favorite people in the world. And maybe our dogs.
b) ...aren't a complete dick, only looking for tail.
c) ...like Corgis/Shiba Inus.
d) ...like EDM.
e) ...also drive an FR-S or a BRZ.
f) ...like lists.