I will admit to being a bit of a geek. I love video games, comic books, science fiction, and anime/manga. I enjoy other things as well, such as natural science, writing, music, and movies.
I am gentle, effervescent, and open minded
I have my Associates in Fine Arts, with an emphasis in Early Childhood Education but I would like to go back eventually and get my bachelors in Environmental Science. The only roadblock I'm having right now is finding the right school and coming up with the money and financial aid.
When I'm not working I'm constantly working on a young adult novel that eventually I hope to finish and then start the long, tedious, process of editing. That is if I ever get passed the point where I stop wanting to rework the entire thing. My plan is to have my younger brother, whose an artist, draw the front cover. Though first I have to give him something of substance to read. Outside of writing I also do a lot of knitting and crocheting, I swear that yarn balls multiply around my apartment faster then Tribbles.
2. My cell phone. My friends and family aren't in walking distance and I don't have a land line so its the best way for people to get in contact with me. Plus I'm rather hooked on text messaging, its most wonderful when you've got friends out in other states and countries and you don't want to pay the huge bills for long distance.
3. Fruit Snacks. Yes I know it sounds silly but I love them! My favorite are in the form of Snoopy and the Peanuts gang and has a sour green apple and blue raspberry flavor.
4. Books. I'm an avid reader and usually have a book nearby. I like historical fiction, romance, mystery, drama, science fiction, fantasy, pretty much anything as long as its well written the plot isn't full of holes.
5. The internet. A vast majority of my friends live in other states or in other countries this is the least expensive way I have of keeping in contact with them.
6. My pets Sookie (my cat) as well as my local friends. Living alone can get really, really lonely, its nice to have someone to come home to even if they are four legged and furry. It's also really nice to have friends nearby even if its only a couple of them.