I also volunteer regularly, often with disenfranchised kids, or the elderly. Crisis Counselor. Graduated from the CERT program, and volunteer with the LAFD. Semi-regular Spartan/mud runner.
driving long distances, over the speed limit.
finding reasons to like something.
organization (OCD anal-retentive Virgo).
staying just busy enough that I REALLY appreciate quiet, low key time with my butt on the couch.
Books - SPQR
Movies - Moonlight
Music - Up next, Bowie tribute and Jesse Malin
Food - breakfast for dinner, dive bar cocktails
TV - cable/Hulu/Netflix
2. challenge - double dog dare me!
3. wine, preferably from Portland or Washington state, and cheese, preferably from France
4. humor - lowbrow, highbow, just wanna laugh
5. maps - they assist with my lack of directional sense, and are also a reminder of the diversity and history of our planet
6. The Complete Works of William Shakespeare - the finite collection from the greatest playwright holds infinite explorations of human nature