Men post photographs, half-naked
And demand you get to know 'em
Market's over saturated
To stand out, I wrote this poem
Greetings, lady, I'm Fantasticks
I just want to hear you laugh
If you like this part you must ex-
amine my profile in depth
Hey there, I'm Jacob
Former jobs: tennis coach, tank gunner, lasers researcher, reptile catcher, hedge fund trader, espionage analyst and toilet paper marketer. Only two of the above seven are made up.
Current job: financial software, i.e. getting paid like a software start-up but having to dress like a banker.
What I really do: Applying math to the optimization of life and OkCupid.
I have a mapped route of trees that are fun to climb in every city I lived in.
Also, if it's winter they notice that I'm wearing shorts. My legs are incapable of feeling cold. I guess I wear shorts in the summer too, but it doesn't stand out.
Alright, alright, I do read a ton of books and I'm unfuckable unless I prove it. Here are some of my favorites from the last year:
* The Girl with All the Gifts (Carey)
* Thinking Fast and Slow (Kahneman)
* Open (Agassi)
* Nexus (Naam)
* What if? (Munroe)
* Saga (Vaughan)
* Consciousness Explained (Dennett)
* The Mark and the Void (Murray)
* Dataclysm (the dude who runs this site)
* HPMoR (Yudkowsky). Ironically, I gave up on Rowling's version after 100 pages.
* At least one new country a year (2016 - Mexico, Iceland)
* Bayesian epistemology
* Carolina basketball
* Philosophical conversations in impolite company
* Spotify Premium
* Breaking arbitrary rules regarding the number of items I must list
Here's what I'm looking for in a great relationship:
1. I need to admire you, so I hope you are ambitious, intellectual and a bad-ass.
2. We should be best friends, so I hope you are honest, optimistic and kind to others.
3. I look for passion, so I hope you are unreserved, confident and slutty.
If you hit at least 5/9 of the above, I can work with that. If you have no idea what to write me: what's the last thing life taught you? Alternatively, if you just hit "like" I will still probably check out your profile and write you something myself.