I'm still somewhat new to the city, but I've finally got things together here, and I'm on my feet and stable! Only took 18 months. Also - after nearly a decade, I am finally out of the hospitality business. If I never have to bring someone a refill of their water again, I think I can die happy.
- Singing. Or so I'm told. I'm a firm believer that this is something you can't gauge yourself.
- Computers and electronics. If your computer can be fixed, I will fix it. I have no education in this field, but I was good enough at it that I get paid to do this now.
- Not getting offended. Don't censor yourself. It's almost impossible to bother me.
- Being stupidly long winded when it comes to writing. Like this profile. Or any message you might get from me.
I recently got back from Japan, and my friends found it hilarious to take photos of me failing to fit into buildings, public transportation, and doorways with low-ceilings or minimal leg-room. I found it less hilarious spending an hour trying to decompress my neck and spine every single night.
b) Let the Right One In, The Orphanage, Pan's Labyrinth, The Shawshank Redemption, Hoshi no Koe, Shaun of the Dead, Perfect Blue, Big Trouble in Little China, Collateral, Spirited Away/Princess Mononoke/Howl's Moving Castle, Serenity, American Beauty, Falling Down, Little Miss Sunshine, The Prestige
c) I will literally listen to almost anything, and the genres I listen to vary wildly. Here are a few artists I really like - Crooked Fingers, Bad Religion, The New Pornographers, The Gaslight Anthem, The Go! Team, Neko Case. You can get a more in depth look at music taste at http://www.last.fm/user/WiseSalesman/.
d) Sushi, dim sum, Mexican, spicy food. I loved Indian when I first moved here, but I got sick of it in a hurry. Now it's a sometimes food. I have a weakness for a good deli sandwich with oil and vinegar.
6. A good pillow
*Getting trashed on liquor and NyQuil and ordering a keytar on
* Drinking liters of premium ale at the Biergarten
* Attending a rooftop movie screening at a building full of film students
* Throwing a themed costume party
* Singing terrible homemade karaoke with my roommates
I, uh, try to be GGG and I think it would be cool if my partners could be, too.
If you play video games, weird board games or read comics - why aren't we hanging out right now?