Why date a geek:
1. We won't cheat. Its hard enough finding one girl, let alone be able to find more than one, so we'll do everything we can to keep you around, and nothing to jepoardize it.
2. We're goal oriented. Playing computer games teaches that mindless repetitive effort deserve small but worthwhile rewards. If you set us a task like "Lose 5 kg" or "Clean the bathroom", we'll do it as long as you put a reward, no matter how small at the end. Ask any MMO developer about rats in a maze.
3. We're stable. Lots of geeks have a good, stable, well paying job and good prospects for more. Its our nature to work hard at a task, and though we may focus a bit much on it some times, we are usually successful. Nerd pasttimes are usually cheaper than many others, because they're subscription based, or a single upfront purchase that lasts for weeks. so we usually have a fair bit of spare cash which turns into toys (read: gadgets, games, tech bits), or solid stuff like buying a house or car.
4. We're predictable. You know where we'll be most of the time, and probably what we're doing. It might not always be the most exciting of things, but that's why we need someone else around. Most nerds don't get out enough to be noticed, or notice the fairer sex, which helps us stick to point 1.
5. We have potential. The big thing most women don't realise is that your average game playing nerd doesn't want to always be alone in his room/house/unit. We're going to be very open to trying stuff and getting out and meeting people just as long as we can adjust to it, and have someone along for support. We don't have the classic zero social skills (well not all of us) because we have plenty of social interactions online (at least verbally etc). Its usually more a case of enjoying and being comfortable with the tech world puts us at ease there, and since we're happy, we don't search out large social groups to be a part of.
As long as you're willing to get to know us, possibly whip us into shape in a few areas, you can meet someone worth spending the time with. We're not your 'exciting bad boy', but after you've been crushed by a few of those, you probably should think about someone who's more interested in you, than what you are.
I'd love to travel, though I'd never end up doing it by myself, to places like France, Germany, and East Coast US.
Usually when I open my mouth though, they realise I'm a nerd, with bad jokes and interesting trivia.
Sci-fi and Fantasy, or those that combine the two.
David Weber, Traci Harding, Raymond E Feist, Terry Pratchett, David Eddings, Neil Gaiman, the Star Wars EU, Robert Jordan, and plenty of others.
Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Action, Comedy
I don't mind the odd rom-com if I'm with someone, though I'd probably not watch them by my choice.
Sci-Fi, Police Dramas, the odd social drama. I HATE reality TV.
Fringe, Persons of Interest, Grey's Anatomy, Eureka, Alcatraz, Body of Proof, Bones, Breaking In, Castle, Fairly Legal, How I Met Your Mother, Lost Girl, Missing, NCIS, NCIS LA, Nikita, Once Upon A Time, The Mentalist just to name a few.
I'll listen to almost anything but Country. Mostly my library leans towards Vocal Trance and other forms of electronica or dance, though I've got a few rock and indie albums too.
Om nom nom. Yes I eat food.
MMO's & Online friends
Rain (I love standing or walking in the rain)
*shrug* I'm male.