I'm not the best at prose paragraphs or w/e but I'm really good at dotpoint lists so:
- I hate misogyny, queerphobia, femmephobia, ableism, racism, colonialism, capitalism, anti-semitism, and I try to do what I can about that I suppose.
- I'm good at Knowing Things and bad at Doing Things.
- I'm nonbinary and transfeminine. I use they-pronouns and she-pronouns, speaker's choice. Auf Deutsch, nennt\ mich bitte nur mit "sie" - niemals "er" und auf keinem Fall "es"
- I'm in a commited, longterm relationship. It's nominally open, but I'm looking for cool new friends at the moment, nothing else. Don't contact me with specific intent to get up my skirt
- I'm really nerdy and love talking about nerdy shit
- I have ADHD which makes me a very fidgety puppy! It makes me awesome at multitasking and quite bad at sitting still and focusing on a single thing at a time
- I'm also autistic. It's a lot of fun! That sentence was not sarcastic! Neither was that one! etc.
A typical conversation with me will involve me getting super excited about something or another, and then rambling angrily about something social-justice-related, and then probably getting distracted by a passing dog.
Anyway I'm here to make new friends who share in my loves of queer shit, feminist shit, and nerdy shit.
Trying to keep busy with a number of projects
Trying to establish a queer social network here.
Reading various feminist and queer authors (fiction and non-fiction). Currently: Bodies that Matter
Rediscovering my Judaism and spirituality and also learning tarot.
My stims. I like to tap things or make weird sound effects to my actions. I've put a lot of effort into eliminating my self-consciousness surrounding my stims
Apparently my face really lights up when I get super excited about things? Which is actually really often. I'm excitable. Oops.
That I can actually speak pretty good German for an Anglophone
BOOKS/AUTHORS (fiction): Terry Pratchett, J.K. Rowling, Robin Hobb, Neil Gaiman, Patrick Rothfuss, Animorphs, The Perks of Being A Wallflower, Ursula K. Le Guin, Margaret Atwood, Franz Kafka, Arundhati Roy, Alison Bechdel
I mostly like silly romcoms and chick flicks like Love Actually and Mean Girls, as well as any and all queer films (Priscilla! Imagine Me And You! Girltrash! Pride! Oriented! Tomboy!)
But I also like watching REALLY AWESOME ACTION FILMS like Pacific Rim or most Marvel films, and then being super critical of them afterwards
But I also love Disney and similar movies.
And Studio Ghibli.
Any and all queer things especially if there's a happy ending
Steven Universe, Star Trek, Doctor Who, Torchwood, Buffy, Daria, Avatar, Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes (and all the other Marvel animated series idk), Gargoyles, Teen Titans, Brooklyn 99, Crazy Ex Girlfriend, Marvel's Netflix shows when they aren't being super racist or misogynist, Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries, Star Vs The Forces Of Evil, Elementary
I love musicals: Lion King, Joseph, Wicked, Les Mis, all of it
Do Disney songs count here? Yeah ok they can go here
Also video game soundtracks?? They're really atmospheric.
For actual bands I love Imagine Dragons, Queen, Regina Spektor, The Cat Empire, The Killers, Wir Sind Helden, Boy, Iron and Wine, Immaculate Machine, Barenaked Ladies, Stars, Tegan & Sara, trying to find a lot more queer stuff tbh.
Pokemon, Zelda, D&D, Civilization, Diablo, Animal Crossing, Smash. I don't have much time for anything except Pokemon at the moment tho. I have a special place in my heart for the Ace Attorney and Mother series.
And have my academic/political favs bc that's important to me and an ever-expanding list
THEORISTS/THINKERS/ACTIVISTS/WRITERS (have read):
Julia Serano, Leslie Feinberg, Kate Bornstein, Serena Nanda, Judith Butler, Michel Foucault, Karl Marx, Laurie Penny, Kimberlé Crenshaw, tons more that I can't remember
THEORISTS/THINKERS/ACTIVISTS/WRITERS (to read):
Bell Hooks, Audre Lorde, Sandy Stone, Susan Stryker, Edward Said, Donna Haraway, I'll update as I think of them
My favourite person
How to do good with bad executive function, ADHD and awful social skills
Not gay as in happy, but queer as in "fuck you". <-- this sentence and how I can best live my life by it.
So um the most private thing now? I dunno I am a pretty open person. Ok I'm the kind of person who wishes they were able to do all that cool activism stuff but is too scared of loud noises to be actually able to go to a rally.
You are some combination of queer/nerdy/Jewish and want to:
- explore the city
- get a drink (coffee, tea, beer, I don't care)
- do queer, nerdy, and/or Jewish shit!
- talk excitedly with me about just about anything that's mutually interesting! You've got lots of material to go on from my profile :)
- Talk first please! I'm sorry, but I am really really bad at messaging first because of autism/anxiety/etc., but I am likely to respond if you give me something to go on and I'm always happy to get messages!
Also if you know where a girl can get her board games on without being misgendered that would be the actual best thing, I'm starting to get withdrawals.
DO NOT MESSAGE ME IF:
- You are a man.
- You're going to ask about my genitals.
- You're a cis woman and I would be the first trans person you've ever met.