I'm not the best at prose paragraphs or w/e but I'm really good at dotpoint lists!
- I hate elitism, misogyny, queerphobia, femmephobia, ableism, racism, colonialism, capitalism, and a lot of other things too lol.
- Radical feminist, but not in that shity TERFy way.
- I'm nonbinary and transfeminine. I use they-pronouns and she-pronouns, speaker's choice. Auf Deutsch, nennt mich bitte nur mit "sie" - niemals "er" und auf keinem Fall "es"!
- I'm in a commited, longterm relationship. It's nominally open, but I'm looking for cool new friends, nothing else. Don't contact me intending to get in my pants down the track.
- I'm really really nerdy and get very obsessed with things and one of my favourite things to do is obsess passionately over the things with like-minded people.
- I am really shy.
- I have ADHD which makes me a very fidgety puppy! It makes me awesome at multitasking and quite bad at sitting still and focusing on Only One Thing.
- I'm also autistic. It's a lot of fun! That sentence was not sarcastic! Neither was that one! etc.
A typical conversation with me will involve me getting really excited over something geeky and then getting briefly angry about the patriarchy and then probably getting distracted by a passing dog.
Anyway I'm here to make new friends to do nerdy things with and establish a cool queer social network.
Working on getting an article I wrote at the end of my Bachelor's degree published. It's about a group of "cross-dressing eunuch priests" of the Greek and Roman mother goddess, Cybele. I'm arguing that, actually, it's valuable to look at them through a transgender lens.
Trying to establish a social network and find a good D&D (or similar) group here.
Reading various feminist and queer authors (fiction and non-fiction) to expand my mind and understanding of feminist and queer history and be a better person generally.
Slowly trying to reacquaint myself with my Jewish heritage.
Getting really uncontrollably excited
My stims. I like to tap things or make weird sound effects to my actions. I've put a lot of effort into eliminating my self-consciousness surrounding my stims so it's something I do gladly.
Apparently my face really lights up when I get super excited about things? Which is actually really often. I'm excitable. Oops.
BOOKS: (This will contain both authors, series and individual books, shhh):
Terry Pratchett, J.K. Rowling, Robin Hobb, To Kill A Mockingbird, Neil Gaiman, Patrick Rothfuss, Animorphs, The Perks of Being A Wallflower, Ursula K. Le Guin, Margaret Atwood, Franz Kafka
I mostly like silly romcoms and chick flicks like Love Actually and Mean Girls, as well as any and all queer films (Priscilla! Imagine Me And You! Girltrash! Pride!)
But I also like watching REALLY AWESOME ACTION FILMS like Pacific Rim or most Marvel films, and then after the fact being angry about how much better they should have been.
But I also love Disney and similar movies.
And Studio Ghibli.
Steven Universe, Star Trek, Doctor Who, Torchwood, Buffy, Daria, Avatar, Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes (and all the other Marvel animated series idk), Gargoyles, Teen Titans, Brooklyn 99, Crazy Ex Girlfriend, lots of things
I love musicals: Lion King, Joseph, Wicked, Les Mis, all of it
Do Disney songs count here? Yeah ok they can go here
Also video game soundtracks?? They're really atmospheric.
For actual bands I love Imagine Dragons, Queen, Regina Spektor, The Cat Empire, The Killers, Wir Sind Helden, Boy, Iron and Wine, Immaculate Machine, Barenaked Ladies, Foo Fighters
Pokemon, Zelda, D&D, Civilization, Diablo, Animal Crossing, Smash Bros. I don't have much time for anything except Pokemon and Smash Bros. at the moment though. I have a special place in my heart for the Ace Attorney and Mother series though.
And have my academic/political favs bc that's important to me
THEORISTS/THINKERS/ACTIVISTS/WRITERS (have read):
Julia Serano, Leslie Feinberg, Kate Bornstein, Serena Nanda, Judith Butler, Michel Foucault, Karl Marx, Laurie Penny
THEORISTS/THINKERS/ACTIVISTS/WRITERS (to read):
Bell Hooks, Audre Lorde, Sandy Stone, Susan Stryker, Edward Said, Donna Haraway, Kimberle Crenshaw I'll update as I think of them lol
My favourite person
Australian politics (it's so bad, I need to stop).
The importance of supporting and uplifting those around you, especially those with marginalisations you don't.
Not gay as in happy, but queer as in "fuck you". <-- this sentence and how I can best live my life by it.
So um the most private thing now? I dunno I am a pretty open person. Ok I'm the kind of person who wishes they were able to do all that cool activism stuff but is too scared of loud noises to ever really go to a rally.
You are A) queer and/or B) nerdy and/or C) Jewish and want to:
- explore the city!
- get a drink (coffee, tea, beer, I don't care)
- do queer, nerdy, and/or Jewish shit!
- talk excitedly with me about just about anything that's mutually interesting! You've got lots of material to go on from my profile :)
- Talk first please! As stated, I am pathologically shy and almost never message first, but I am likely to respond and I'm always happy to get messages!