I'm not the best at prose paragraphs or w/e so here's some Features in dotpoint form
- I hate elitism, hypocrisy and capitalism.
- I'm extremely feminist. I don't often get angry but when I do it's probably to do with that.
- I'm nonbinary and transfeminine. I use they-pronouns and she-pronouns, speaker's choice.
- I'm in a long-term, long-distance open relationship. If I do anything with anybody from here (or anywhere else), my Human is going to be kept in the loop. If you're not comfortable with that, that's cool, but it is a condition of dating me.
- I'm really really nerdy and get very obsessed with things and one of my favourite things to do is obsess passionately over the things with like-minded people.
- My second-favourite thing to is share comfortable silences with others while we both do our respective things. I can be very quiet sometimes! Especially if I don't have anything to say!
- I am pathologically shy.
- I have ADHD which makes me a very fidgety puppy! It makes me awesome at multitasking and quite bad at sitting still and focusing on Only One Thing.
A typical conversation with me will involve me getting really excited over something geeky and then getting briefly angry about the patriarchy and then probably getting distracted by a passing dog.
2014, I spent in Berlin on a working holiday, meeting people, travelling and playing Quidditch. I have anecdotes about "that time I went to a Quidditch tournament in Paris" which sounds a lot more exciting than it was (it was still lots of fun tho)
Anyway, I met a very awesome specific person and so what I'm currently doing in Australia is working towards getting BACK to Berlin so I can be with her. In the meantime, I am:
- Working as a transcriptionist for police interviews and court proceedings. Yes, I do see some pretty interesting things sometimes, but no, I can't tell you about them in any detail on OKCupid. Yes, I do have misgivings about working for cops but I rationalise it as A) my workplace is very queer-friendly which is rare so I take what I can get, B) I'm good at my job, C) my job is on the accountability side of the whole thing.
- Currently working on my Bachelor's thesis about a group of "cross-dressing eunuch "priests of the Greek and Roman mother goddess, Cybele arguing for their reinterpretation as trans or gender-variant. UPDATE: I wrote it. It was awesome. I'm kinda looking into how to get it published.
- Playing D&D and in my spare time doing worldbuilding stuff.
- Teaching myself Hebrew and fixing up my German
- Playing Quidditch every now and the when I have the social energy between my job and my thesis. A lot less now.
- Being chronically undercuddled because of the existence of geography.
Empathising with fictional characters more than with humans
Getting really uncontrollably excited
My sincerity and eagerness. Am I allowed to say that about myself? It feels like boasting about how humble one is just sounds pretentious. Well, there you go!
Apparently my face really lights up when I get super excited about things? Which is actually really often. I'm excitable. Oops.
Yeah I dunno, ask people what they notice about me, not me.
BOOKS (This will contain both authors, series and individual books, shhh):
Terry Pratchett, J.K. Rowling, Robin Hobb, To Kill A Mockingbird, Neil Gaiman, Patrick Rothfuss, Animorphs, The Perks of Being A Wallflower, Julia Serano, Serena Nanda, Ursula K. Le Guin, Kate Bornstein.
I mostly like silly romcoms and chick flicks like Love Actually and Mean Girls, as well as any and all queer films (Priscilla! Imagine Me And You! But I'm A Cheerleader!)
But I also like watching REALLY AWESOME ACTION FILMS like Pacific Rim or most Marvel films, and then after the fact being angry about how much better they should have been
But I also love Disney and similar movies
And Studio Ghibli
Steven Universe, Star Trek, Doctor Who, Torchwood, Community, Buffy, Firefly, Daria, Cabin Pressure, Avatar, Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes (and all the other Marvel animated series idk), Gargoyles, Arrested Development, Teen Titans, Brooklyn 99, X-Files, lots of things
I love musicals: Lion King, Joseph, Wicked, Les Mis, all of it
Do Disney songs count here? Yeah ok they can go here
Also video game soundtracks?? They're really atmospheric.
For actual bands I love Imagine Dragons, Queen, Regina Spektor, The Cat Empire, The Killers, Wir Sind Helden, Boy
Pokemon, Zelda, D&D, Civilization, Diablo, Animal Crossing, Smash Bros. I don't have much time for anything except Pokemon and Smash Bros. at the moment though. I have a special place in my heart for the Ace Attorney and Mother series though.
My favourite person
How best to tell someone that you think they're really cute and you are in love with their clothing choices and oh wow that makeup is so great well done!! without bothering them or coming across as wanting to get into their pants
How best to upset cis people by existing.
So um the most private thing now? I dunno I am a pretty open person. Ok I'm the kind of person who wishes they were able to do all that cool activism stuff but is too scared of loud noises to ever really go to a rally.
You are A) queer and/or B) nerdy and/or C) Jewish and want to:
- Explore the city!
- get a drink (coffee, tea, beer, I don't care)
- see a movie!
- go shopping!
- talk excitedly with me about: Intersectional feminism, Marvel comics, Judaism, and possibly how the lot fo them interact.
- Talk first! As stated, I am pathologically shy and almost never message first, but I am likely to respond!