I'm funny, smart, in shape, and mature. I like pets, charity, working out and people who can have fun, meaningless conversations.
- Project management for a bank, moonlighting as a PM for a friend's software company
- Helping a friend write a business plan for a non-profit
- Trying to learn R, Python and a few other programming languages on a remedial level
- Working out a lot. A friend introduced me to kettlebell training, and I was shocked at how bad I was at it. Personal challenge.
-Reading. I feel I have to make some use of this iPad I got
- Getting back into wrestling (MMA style, but professional if I can find a good costume obviously). Looking to get my purple belt in BJJ by end of next year
- Adopting a new dog. I'm glad I didn't bring Minnie up for this winter, she couldn't stand the light snow dustings in Dallas, so she never would have forgiven me for this.
-Giving. It's a lot like volunteering for an organization, except different. I end up at about one charity event every other month, uncomfortably bothering the staff and trying to not look too immature eating hors d'oeuvres
Stuff on the back-back-back burner
-Continue traveling/writing. I was in Saigon about a year back as my first serious international trip, and I feel guilty I haven't taken more in my life.
-Learn to dance. I feel like every adult should be able to do this. I can't.
-Surf? Does everyone say something like this? I guess...
(If you want to check it out....... http://go-go-go.org/2013/02/04/how-to-visit-chicago-like-a-chicagoan/)
- Gawker: good to stay up on what Taylor Swift is doing
- Ken Jenning's twitter: stealing all his jokes
- mobile Wikipedia pages so I can be certain of things like whether the Quakers and Shakers are different groups
Movie taste is all over the map, but generally low brow. Usually if I'm watching a movie it's because I'm out with people or it's in the background while I'm doing something else. Michael Bay, Will Farrell comedies... all that. I liked Hugo and The Kings Speech and other Oscar-bait stuff as well, but I'll admit to not being a Criterion Collection guy.
The Wire, Deadwood, Community, Fargo, New Girl, Arrow, Unsupervised, Discovery Channel shows on giant snakes. I'm on a big Hulu/Amazon Prime kick right now.
Music? You might say I'm a bit of a music snob. Frankly, if you don't know who Kanye West, Taylor Swift or Katy Perry are then maybe you need to get to my level, scrub.
- a book on statistics
- youtube videos of dogs
- Amazon prime/instant
- A Derrick Rose jersey someone important gave me
Interesting little bits of literature. The concept of a self. Perception. Investment plans.
I like to stumble on long weird articles online I guess. Like this about bringing cheerleading to India: http://deadspin.com/how-the-king-of-good-times-and-dan-snyder-brought-ind-1685633849