2. I'm an engineer.
3. I want to know what love is.
4. I want you to show me.
5. I run because I'm lazy.
6. Podcasts are my current favorite media platform by volume.
7. When I think of Wagner, the first thing in my head is the "Kill the Wabbit" song from Looney Tunes. And I've watched the Ring cycle.
8. I treat my violin like I treat my Catholicism - not practicing.
9. I'm a homeowner,and I'm still trying to figure out if that's a good thing.
10. I wasn't a hat guy until I met a hat in Munich and we fell in love. You must be willing to be in a poly relationship with my hat.
2. You should ask me about this trip - it was boss.
3. Now back to my life at the Daily Planet as a mild-mannered software engineer.
4. I have a miniature schnauzer. He'll be leaving at some point in the near future (for reasons that aren't that sad luckily). Explanations only for the inquisitive and the sexy.
5. Trying to figure out how to take care of a house on my own when I hate yardwork and hate spending money. It's a conundrum!
6. Probably listening to a podcast - just playing odds.
7. If not, then maybe watching a movie.
8. Or hanging with friends.
9. Or going for a run.
10. Or making top 10 lists on here.
2. My steely gaze.
3. My devil-may-care standing posture.
4. With an easy-going smile and demeanor.
5. Whoa what is that?!
6. Oh he keeps his wallet in his front pocket.
8. Seriously I thought he had a massive erection.
9. Maybe he should lighten his wallet a bit.
10. That I talk about myself in the third person sometimes online.
1. I fell in love with Lord of the Rings when I was a young, impressionable nerd. My dad gave me ...
2. The Hobbit for my 12th birthday. He inscribed "Your life is what you dream." on the inside cover. It's pretty much the greatest gift anyone's ever given to me.
3. My dad's also the reason I love James Joyce, especially Dubliners.
"A few light taps upon the pane made him turn to the window. It had begun to snow again. He watched sleepily the flakes, silver and dark, falling obliquely against the lamplight. The time had come for him to set out on his journey westward. Yes, the newspapers were right: snow was general all over Ireland. It was falling on every part of the dark central plain, on the treeless hills, falling softly upon the Bog of Allen and, farther westward, softly falling into the dark mutinous Shannon waves. It was falling, too, upon every part of the lonely churchyard on the hill where Michael Furey lay buried. It lay thickly drifted on the crooked crosses and headstones, on the spears of the little gate, on the barren thorns. His soul swooned slowly as he heard the snow falling faintly through the universe and faintly falling, like the descent of their last end, upon all the living and the dead."
I mean, are you kidding me?
4. I didn't get into Dune until my mid 20s. I'm not sure how I missed out on it before - it's pretty much the greatest science fiction ever.
5. If I had to be objective, Dante Alighieri's The Divine Comedy is the finest piece of written work I've read in my lifetime. I try to read it every three or four years.
6. I'm also into graphic novels. The Watchmen is one of the greatest things, comic or otherwise, that I've ever read. It's so re-readable too; always makes you think.
7. The Dark Knight Returns is fantastic.
8. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is another fave of mine too.
9. Almost forgot Ursula K. Le Guin. Lathe of Heaven is one of the finest science fiction novels I've read.
10. Oh, and Gore Vidal is high on my list of fave authors. The way he makes historical figures come alive is nothing short of thrilling.
1. 2001 A Space Odyssey: because it's Kubrick and the Danube and Zarathustra.
2. This is Spinal Tap!: Have a good time...all the time!
3. Fear of a Black Hat: because when you take the bus...you get there
4. Notorious: God I think I love Ingrid Bergman. And I hetero-man-love Cary Grant.
5. The Maltese Falcon: But I wouldn't kick Bogart out of hetero-man bed.
6. Mulholland Drive: David Lynch is incredible, and I'm not sure if there are many other movies that push how movies can be experienced like this one does.
7. The Usual Suspects: Pete Postlethwaite kills in this movie. "Before you...do me in...Mr. McManus..."
8. The Princess Bride: The most romantic movie of all time.
9. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: big Terry Gilliam fan and this movie is a big reason why.
10. Anchorman: So excite for the upcoming sequel. HEY EVERYONE! COME AND SEE HOW GOOD I LOOK!
Honorable mention - The World's End: Edgar Wright is starting to become a straight to the theater guy for me.
1. Twin Peaks: Already talked about Lynch. Is there any tv show with this many great looking women in it? Sherilyn Fenn, Madchen Amick, and Lara Flynn Boyle before Hollywood got a hold of her? Plus Albert!
2. Newsradio: The whole cast is so funny and so crazy talented. Arrested Development and Seinfeld get the deserved sitcom love, but I have to promote this show which is almost as good and that I love slightly more.
3. Game of Thrones: Love the books, love the show.
4. Homicide: Life on the Streets: So am I supposed to understand anything Gee says?
5. The Wire: Where's Wallace, String?
6. The Shield: Maybe the best cast of all these shows.
7. Space Ghost: Coast 2 Coast: Are you getting enough oxygen?
8. Mystery Science Theater 3000: Strong enough for a Manos but made for a Womanos.
9. Community: So excited to have Dan Harmon and his craziness back.
10. Doctor Who: The 50th anniversary show lived up to every expectation! God John Hurt was so good!!
1. Led Zeppelin (I've seen Robert Plant in concert three times and Plant and Page once. If you have the chance to see Plant in person, GO GO GO!!!)
2. Radiohead (saw them at now closing DV8 in Seattle back in 94 - back when they still did Creep! lol)
3. Pearl Jam (Also incredible live - saw them twice)
4. The Beatles
5. Pink Floyd
6. I saw fake Prince in Vegas.
7. The New York Dolls (saw the two surviving members at Bumbershoot and Berbati's. Both among the best shows ever.)
8. Violent Femmes (another Bumbershoot best show ever candidate)
9. Blind Guardian - Nothing like a little german nerd metal.
10. How about a shoutout to Radkey who I saw at Riotfest. They're amazing.
1. Bacon - right on the edge of crispy where it's just holding its shape but still tender.
2. Mozart balls from Salzburg
3. A salad containing the following ingredients - fruit (apple or pear usually), nuts (pecans or walnuts), blue cheese crumbles (ideally gorgonzola)
4. Bacon-wrapped dates
5. Good ramen
6. Saag paneer
8. My mom's meatloaf
9. The Boccone Dolce at Papa Haydn's
10. Guilty pleasure - Panda Express Orange Chicken
2. Coffee - Insomnia Coffee and Barista are two of my fave shops
3. Beer, maybe at the Orenco Taphouse.
4. Football Go Hawks and Huskies.
5. Podcasts, loving Comedy Bang Bang, Harmontown, Doug Loves Movies, Funemployment Radio, The Nerdist, and WTF.
6. The laughing
7. Breaking stupid directions from the internet to censor top 10 lists.
8. A good Indian buffet place close to work
9. A microwave
2. Is my cat ok in cat heaven?
3. Why doesn't the on demand for Broadchurch go three episodes back?!
5. Still thinking about sex.
6. That I'd prefer Mitt Romney's universal health care to Obama's universal health care and does that mean there is a God and that He/She/It really enjoys screwing around with us.
7. How did Michaelangelo create the Sistene Chapel ceiling?
8. How lucky I am.
9. How f'd I am.
10. Nothing in particular.
2. Figuring out what I'm doing for dinner
3. Eating dinner
4. Going to the movies
5. Hanging with a buddy playing Resident Evil
6. Falling asleep way too early because I stayed up late all week.
7. Being glad the work week is over
8. Planning all the constructive things I will be completely ignoring on Saturday and Sunday when I'll be watching football or doing something else fun and unproductive instead.
9. Just got paid.
10. Friday night.
2. I hate camping. Well, I hate the sleeping and pissing in the freezing cold while being eaten alive by bugs. Everything else is fun.
3. Hotel California is the worst.
4. I don't really know what I'm doing, but I can fake it well.
5. I prioritize other people's needs over my own too much.
6. The Catcher in the Rye is overrated.
7. I like Paul more than John at this point. I'm talking Beatley not biblically.
8. I think Richard Gere should be burned in effigy on general principle.
9. I don't like black licorice.
10. Seriously, who's going to admit anything interesting on a public website? This is so dumb!
2. You like the things I like.
3. You like things you think I might like.
4. You're interested in exploring things I like.
5. You just think I'm crazy hot and can't stop thinking about me. (NOTE: If this is the case, please include this info in your message.)
6. You want a guy to cook for you who halfway knows what he's doing.
7. If you're coming out of a long term relationship. We have something in common.
8. You want to listen to me go on and on and on about my trip to Europe.
9. You enjoyed my top 10 list conceit.
10. If you want to, woman up and do it. It's almost certain I'll want to hang out with you at least once - I like attention and first dates with strangers. So you're really doing me a favor.