In addition, I tend to understand things - people and situations - in a very intuitive way, which I think came about from being through a lot. I love deep conversation with people who appreciate this.
I happen to be quite the nerd - I love cult TV shows (see below), the odd game to share with my nerdy siblings, and I'm very academic. All of these traits combined might make a love of sports seem like it doesn't fit, but I love playing tennnis and squash, and watching AFL (go Bombers!).
Anyway, that's enough self summary. On to what I'm doing with my life...
2. Perspective taking. I can easily put myself in other people's shoes. This helps no end with how I get along with most people, especially if they come for some kind of help.
3. Crisis intervention. I have a lot of experience dealing with crises that others face (and a few of my own).
4. Explaining complex things to uninterested people. Seriously, you wouldn't believe how many people aren't interested in having me explain my maths PhD in detail! Inconceivable...
5. Sudoku. It speaks for itself, but its not somehing that is obvious to look at me and guess. People usually first notice other things...
- "You're good at explaining stuff."
- "You really love your siblings, don't you?"
- "You're into lots of nerdy movies, TV, games and stuff, aren't you?"
Movies: American Beauty, A Beautiful Mind, Fight Club, Silence of the Lambs, the list goes on...
Shows: Buffy, Firefly, Angel, The Mentalist, Criminal Minds, Dollhouse, Castle, etc.
Music: REM, U2, Matchbox Twenty, Mike Oldfield, The Beatles, Billy Joel, etc.
Food: I'll try anything once - can't do without it.
1. The internet.
2. My phone.
3. Skype (combining 1 and 2).
5. A captive audience.
6. Time to think about life's big questions.