I hate trying to capture myself in just a summary, so I GUESS, for the viewers' consideration I'll do my best, without taking all the *MYSTERY* away.
*Warning* - I do talk a lot, about everything in life. Its hard to sum yourself up in just a couple of words. The way I look at it, people are like spider webs, on the surface we look simple and out of place, but take a closer look and we are an art piece full of complexity.
I'm fun, humorous, outgoing, challenging, intelligent, down to earth, spiritual, inspiring, and ridiculously intuitive. I love to make people laugh and do my best to bring out the true potential in people. I may be down to earth, but that doesn't mean I won't give you a run for your money :). With that said, I'm a kid at heart but being responsible and mature is a necessity for self-preservation.
As for people I associate myself with, I'm always up to meet a new friend. Don't be afraid to say hi! I've come from many traveled paths in life, and to be honest, I'm still surprised I'm walking and breathing at this age. And as some may be wondering, Music is my life. And yes I compose music on turntables, and YES it is possible people. Its pretty much like playing guitar. Ask if you need more clarification. Or if ya wanna learn, I'm always willing to share knowledge :), or have a good conversation over music and it's influence on humanity.
I don't take life too seriously and I am a genuine person. There clearly is a steep decline in this type of personality nowadays, so I strive to give it my all with whomever I meet in real life. Honesty and Truth are the only thing you'll ever hear from me. I do enjoy banter and pushing someone's buttons. So it normally results in a good laugh for both parties involved. I'm a pretty easy person to please, and I am 420 friendly.
I'm a serious foodie at heart, considering how much I can eat, what I love to eat, and how much weight I CAN'T gain, speaks for itself how much I love food. But these days I've done a lot of good, eating organic and healthy, which means I've given up a lot of my old eating habits.
As for my women, I’m attracted to an intelligent, ambitious, confident, and creative mind. Personality over looks always! Physical attraction is important too, and I'm not saying that just because I'm a guy. Physical attraction plays a pretty distinct role between partners for more intimate chemistry (and I don't mean sex related intimacy, well sorta, but other types of intimacy as well). The more we have in common the better (although opposites attract too, so I'm not really that bias.....or am I?).
I hope you enjoyed, and thanks for reading, if you look down, there is more, so if I've kept your attention and sparked enough interest, I encourage anyone that has made it this far to read on. Thanks for stopping in! Best of luck for well....whatever you are looking for!
After getting a Bachelor's in Business Management in 2008, moving from Washington D.C. to get a diploma in sound engineering in 2010, I found myself inexplicably working in the film industry on a couple projects, namely Hotel Transylvania @ Sony Imageworks. Afterwards, I shifted into the healing arts, and went to Massage school in Los Angeles to get my certification. I now pretty much do everything and anything involving healing. I know I know. Random, but hey whatever path Life/The Universe leads you down, you gotta take it right?
So where I am at right now, I coordinate healing sanctuary spaces at festivals, retreats, and other private events throughout California, and am slowly spreading myself to the east coast, and going to hopefully hit the international circuit here by the end of 2015. I am also helping support and educate communities on the importance of sound healing and how to develop it within' one's own practice, as well as how to develop the communities to support it. I sell instruments, art, thread, and a buncha other awesome cool stuff to help fund my travels and intentions for doing so.
Recent projects over the past 6 months, I have been coordinating and performing at festivals and other events promoting my sound healing (Lucidity, Shakti and Bhakti Festival, Serenity Gathering, Symbiosis, Desert Hearts, and Lightning in a Bottle to name a few), and plan on doing more in the future since I travel all over the place doing this stuff. I own a mobile healing business that pretty much brings healing wherever it is called. I am spreading my sound healing at Divinitree, Source Yoga, and Salt Caves in Santa Barbara and definitely looking to expand this more and share more of my vibrations! I have my hands dipped into a lot of different avenues of revenue streams for my life, so its hard to say what I do from one foundational aspect of my life. Healing though, is the core focus of what I do and I live passionately to contribute it to the world.
Meditating, Intuition, Reading energy/chakras, Inspiring others, Turntables, Massages, Sound Healing, Cooking healthy (Thai, Breakfast, Italian, and Indian to name a few) Relaxing, Listening and giving sound advice, Cuddling, Dancing, and well...
There's more, ask if you are really that curious, or you'll just have to find out along the way, cuz why would I spoil all the fun!?
I will say, most people do not ever expect that I know or do the things I can do in regards to my talents, skills, knowledge, and interests. Not so much that people underestimate me, but few realize the AWESOMENESS that is beneath all of this physical appearance.
Also, I'm told that I'm one of the most personable and easiest to get along with types. I speak like I've known you for a long time, its just how I am. Someone once told me, "If a person has a problem with Shane, if they have any reason to hate or dislike him, there's something wrong with that person, not with Shane." I stick to that statement.
Music: Chillout/downtempo, House, Drum and Bass, Jungle, Dubstep, Hip Hop (anything between old, 90s, and current...and by current I mean underground, not that one-hit wonder crap you hear on the radio these days), Trip-hop, R&B, Funk, Soul, Jazz, Classical, Rock, Alternative, Punk, Reggae, Minimal, anything underground pretty much. I have no bias for music! (ok, country is the only thing I have a bias for, I respect it, ugggggghhh just not for me)
Hip Hop/Trip Hop/Turntablism: Beats Antique, (you need to listen to these cats, AMAZING!!) Atmosphere, Mos Def, J Dilla, Dj Premier, Cypress Hill, The Fugees, Beastie Boys, Nujabes, Dilated Peoples, Jurassic 5, Thievery Corporation, Hieroglyphics, A Tribe Called Quest, The Pharcyde, Mobb Deep, Raekwon, Madlib, RJD2, Dj Shadow, Dj Krush, Mixmaster Mike, Dj Babu, Dj Z-trip, Dj A-trak, Cut Chemist, Dj Numark, Dj Yoda, Jazzy Jeff, Dj Craze, Cise Starr, Biggie, 2pac, Grandmaster Flash, Roc Raida, The Roots, Lauryn Hill (old school, her new stuff is kinda...meh), Jay-Z (I prefer his older stuff, see a trend?), Herbie Hancock, etc
Drum and Bass: Black Sun Empire, Noisia, N:phect, Dizplay, Andy C, Kenny Ken, LTJ Bukem, Roni Size, Total Science, Amit, Phace, Photek, Commix, Marcus Intalex, Dj Hype, Future Engineers, Evol Intent, most of the dnb known MC's (especially MC Conrad), etc etc
Dubstep: Black Sun Empire, Nero, Burial, Aquasky, Liquid Stranger, Bar 9, Triage, Bass Junkies, Bare, Bassnectar, Benga, Rusko, 12th Planet, Blackmill, Calvertron, Caspa, Datsik, Excision, Flux Pavilion, Distance, Diplo, Doctor P, Dodge and Fuski, Downlink, Emalkay, Evol Intent, Feed Me, Figure, Funtcase, Biome, Killawatt, Benton, Thelem, Youngsta, Seven, Kryptic Minds, Truth, Content, Tunnidge, Icicle, Distance, and way more artists on this list
Books: anything intellectually stimulating, out of the box, and really insightful. Recently been re-reading/thinking about Ray Kurzweil's "The Singularity is Near". Amazing book!! Oh and "Eastern Body, Western Mind" is a great look at spirituality and western psychology. Amazing read!
Movies: To name a few, The Matrix trilogy, Sci-Fi movies (Star Wars/Trek), Fight Club, Kill Bill, Terminator Series, Gladiator, Blow, Avatar, The Incredibles, The Jacket, Waking Life, The number 23, Eternal Sunshine on a Spotless Mind, Seven, Yes Man, The Union: The business behind getting high, The illusionist, Deja vu, V for Vendetta, a lot of 80s movies, etc
TV: As I normally make it a goal to not spend time wasting away in front of the tube, I suppose there are some shows that do interest me. I have Netflix and I really enjoy Dexter, The Walking Dead, Alias, Archer, Adventure Time, Spartacus Series, any and all educational channels (Science, History, Discovery, Natgeo, Travel, etc etc), love Cartoon network (for all the old school cartoons they show), Adult Swim, Spike, Showtime, HBO (Bill Maher, and Curb Your Enthusiasm), and I honestly can't write anymore shows I enjoy watching....
2. Healthy eating
5. Chakras/Meditation/Intuition/Gemstone Crystal Singing bowls
6. Sex/Intimacy/Physical Touch
One more thing. You know how some people say, "If everyone were to jump off a bridge, would you jump with them?". My answer to that is, "WELL YEAH, cuz what the HELL is DOWN THERE?!". I think of this a lot...
1. Falling rain on window sills/tree leaves are the best sounds I could ever hear in life. The amount of peace, calm, and tranquility it brings makes me want to listen to it all day. So, whenever it rains in LA it always brings a lot of smiles to my face. And sometimes....it's nice to just empty your mind and.....listen.
2. I am what some would call an "old soul." I am also an empath. If you want to know more, do some research or just ask me. I've recently been discovering the depths of my spirituality, (minus religions, which has been something I've struggled with all my life) and I am finding great enlightenment understanding chakras, the importance of meditation, overdeveloping my intuition, and a whole slew of other things. I'm very excited about my spiritual journey, because it has just begun :)
3. Just to get this out of the way, and for anyone who may be reading this that is into this stuff, I thought it'd be better to lay it all out. I'm an INFJ/INTJ depending on my mood for the day, I'm a Life Path 8 (in numerology), I'm a second decan Virgo (week of the engima!), My sun sign is Virgo, Rising Ascendant is Cancer, Moon sign is Capricorn (yes, I'm two earth elements and a water element, go figure). Alongside all of that, I'm a Gemini North Node, South Node is Sagittarius. I have the hand of the philosopher (in palmistry) or in Chinese palmistry the Wood Hand (which apparently is really rare with the specific variation I have) I'm a Rat in the Chinese zodiac, and my spirit animal/guide is a Lion. Anything else just ask. Oh and my credit score is above a 700 for anyone who really cares about that stuff, cuz apparently its becoming more important in the dating scene. LOL
4. I'm adding this last part because people seem to be curious about my meditations and metaphysical development/abilities. I honestly am not bullshitting/lieing for the next couple of things I'm going to list, so if you are really that curious and want to know, you will just have to message me for more information. So! After having a kundalini awakening in Dec. 2011, I can sense how energy moves within' someone's chakra system (yes all 7), from anywhere in the world. All I need is your location, and name (I'm not crazy, just awesomely weird like that). I can sense future information (which equates to making predictions), and have done a myriad of meditation exercises thru my own experiments. I've done group meditation, focused meditation (hypnotherapy), crystal healing meditation, past life regression, crystal quartz singing bowl therapy/meditation, kundalini guided meditations (which honestly I won't do for JUST anyone), massage therapy w/ chakra balancing, energy/light exercise meditations for self-protection and healing, reiki based exercises to see my potential, life-coaching, and a slew of other things. I'm a natural healer and these are all streams that lead to the ocean that is my life's purpose. So as I develop my abilities metaphysically, my path is moving towards doing these things to help the world, one person at a time. Love and light!
you are into the business of being awesome. Because I am. And I want more awesome people to do business with :).
Or if you are any type of artist. Musician, graphic designer, dancer, chef, photographer, painter, sculptor, writer, craft maker, whatever it may be. I love knowing more and more artist in my life, it brings me lots of inspiration and joy to know I have more people around me who gladly enjoy expressing themselves with amazing mediums.
Or if you are a old soul, or want to have a conversation about the ideas and perspectives regarding this topic.
Or if you are into metaphysics, esoteric work, occult stuff or anything that deals with energy or crystals. I love talking to people about this kinda stuff because I'm developing more of my path in this realm.
Or if you have enjoyed what you have read. Or, if you just want a new friend, I'm not bias nor do I bite (I only bite if I like you). I'm a really fun-loving, easy-going, carefree person. Give me a shout, you won't be disappointed!
Please message me if you are a yoga instructor or a yogi, I really need to talk to you people about future projects.