- thinking about grad school
- being an active member of the dance music (e.g., house, techno) scene, both in LA and in Minneapolis
- throwing music shows in and around the LA area
- collecting vinyl like there's no tomorrow
- living life a day at a time
- chatting about music, art, cognitive science and genetic engineerimg
- finding things on the Internet
- BULLET-POINTING ALL THE THINGS
My gold earrings.
Books: Utopias and dystopias. Mutterings from the Beat Generation. Hallucinatory portrayals of the implications of technology on the environment and society-at-large. The fluidity of memory. Transgression.
Movies: Mindfuck. Film noir. Spaghetti and acid westerns. Synergistic soundtracks. Black comedy. Postmodern romance. Beautiful color.
Shows: Metahumor. Tropes, deconstructed. Crossover with my movie preferences.
Music: I honestly listen to way too much music every day, hour, and even minute to be able to distill it here. Besides, you can't scrobble vinyl to Last.fm ;)
Food: I don't have a strict favorite. My mother made sure to train that out of me as a kid. That being said, CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES, HUMMUS, SRIRACHA, FIGS, CORNBREAD hnnnnnnnnngggg
My mental and sensory faculties.
- current events
- at a music show
- listening to music
That doesn't mean that I'm perfect now, or that I'm automatically tolerant of flaking in other people, but just that...I'm emotionally equipped to deal with it.