I am a huge geek. I learned to read through comics and I have loved them ever since. I have a part time job working at a collectible shop and in 2009, I placed 3rd in the New York Comic Con Marvel Trivia contest. I attend conventions regularly and have a few costumes I use. I'm relatively new at cosplaying, but I've met several people who are helping me get better.
I'm a film buff and attend the movies at least once a week ( I get in free, so it's easier than you'd think). For midnight premieres, I go dress up ( I uploaded a picture from the Men in Black 3 premiere if you'd like to see).
I'm a man based around passion. I'm passionate about what I love, be it my hobbies or my friends. I have very little shame, which has lead me to doing wonderfully outrageous things, including going to England with a girl I barely knew, touching the actual TARDIS used in the filming of Doctor Who, streaking my college campus in the snow, and the way I dance at weddings, which has become an urban legend. I invite you to ask any questions you might have, as I believe I'm awesome and worth knowing.
Other than that, I am always trying to better myself, learn new things and have fun.
As I said, I love the movies, going to conventions and harassing celebrities ( ask about my Patrick Stewart story), and just making life more interesting.
I use riddles as a method of crowd control with students and they usually get into it. I've also embraced the power of silence in creating power, which works on younger students.
I go to karaoke once a week. I'm not great at the actual singing, but I put on a hell of a show. A friend and myself have declared ourselves the karaoke tag champs of the world and have purchased replica wrestling belts as props. I'll have to post a picture of this...
" Has anyone ever told you that you have absolutely beautiful eyes? They are poetic and show you have an old soul!"
So, yeah, my eyes. Next is my personality, which tends to speak for itself.
My favorite movies are difficult to get into fully. I love so many that to name just a few seems scant, so instead, I'll list the ones that stand out by category. My favorite comedies are Clerks, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Hot Rod, and High Fidelity. My favorite dramas are The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, Leon the Professional, Pulp Fiction, and Walk the Line. Action movies are Kill Bill, Iron Man, Captain America, Conan the Barbarian ( original), and Robocop ( loved it as a boy and it's stuck with me). Horror/ sci-fi movies are the original Halloween, Cloverfield, Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon, the Evil Dead Trilogy, and Cabin in the Woods. Family movies are the Harry Potter series, anything Pixar ( especially the Incredibles), Megamind, and Despicable Me.
My favorite shows are How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, 30Rock, Community, Scrubs, Chuck, Sarah Connor Chronicles, Coupling, Doctor Who, Simpsons, American Dad!, South Park, anything by Joss Whedon, and many others.
I love almost all music. I can't really pinpoint it down to just a few. I'm primarily a metalhead, but I listen to classic rock as well. I admit as a guilty pleasure I like a boy band or two and I also list to some rap. Don't know what else to say.
My favorite food is bacon, steak, pizza, burgers... Guy food, I guess.
1) Graphic novels. I love stories of all kinds, but I learned to read through comic books and they hold a special place in my heart. I regularly attend conventions and what not, so... yeah.
2) Pro-wrestling. Suspension of disbelief is key. Yes, it's predetermined, but aren't movies and most people enjoy those. It's almost like a live action comic book with over the top concepts of good and evil. I'm not talking about people like Hulk Hogan either. I'm talking about Kurt Angle, Bret Hart, and AJ Styles.
3) Films. I worked in a video store for many years and go to the cinema at least once a week. I love a good movie, it's as simple as that.
4) My students. The ones who like me at least. They remind me why I'm a teacher and why I do what I do.
5) My time machine. I have this device where I lay down and I can travel forward in time between six and twelve hours. I can't go backwards yet, but going forwards is a piece of cake. Some have referred to this device as a " bed," but seriously, I jump through time on it.
6) The Rocky Horror Picture Show. I work as a tech ( A/V, Props, and Lights) with my local group. I do shows pretty much every Friday. If you've never been, you wouldn't understand. If you have been, it's beyond explanation. It's a celebration of individuality while shouting at a movie on the screen.
Weird, I know, but I truly wonder about this.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained, eh?