Other good things to know about me: I'm a grad student going for my MBA, I'm a long-time progressive activist and plan to start my own nonprofit one day, and my personal hero is Emma Goldman.
**photos are all really out of date, I'll update them eventually**
Movies: waaaaaay too many to list. Some of the big ones are Snowpiercer, Rules of the Game, Angels in America, Lion in Winter, Snatch, Brick, Clue, Black Christmas (original), Hellraiser, Barry Lyndon, Blues Brothers, The Exorcist, Thank You for Smoking, Latter Days, Suspiria, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Cannibal the Musical, Children of Men, Paris is Burning, Poseidon Adventure, Office Space, Donnie Darko, Boondock Saints, Bon Voyage, and Airplane.
Shows: Battlestar Galactica, The Wire, Buffy, Dollhouse, Arrested Development, Game of Thrones, Six Feet Under, Walking Dead, Good Wife, Orphan Black, Outlander, Daredevil, and Last Week Tonight with John Oliver.
Music: I grew up listening to nothing by Broadway musicals and 60s/70s rock. Now I listen to whatever my friends send me, which tends to be a lot of punk cabaret, victoriandustrial, and contemporary folk. Basically, don't ever expect me to be listening to the latest pop hit.
1. Family/friends: I know everyone puts this, but I really would be lost without these people.
2. My community: There is a big difference between being queer and being part of the queer community. I was such a different person before joining the community, and I owe it a lot of the positive changes in my life.
3. Film/TV: I may have given up film as a career path, but I'm still obsessed with media. It's taking every ounce of energy not to type a long essay on the importance of film as a cultural force right now.
4. Writing: I still have a strong creative impulse, and I use writing to channel it.
5. A cause: Activism/advocacy is just what I was born to do. If the world somehow magically became a uptopia, I would be happy for about two seconds, then feel like I have no purpose and get super depressed.
6. A pet: Because they're cute.
--your idea of a fun night out is going to a protest
--you can think of anything to say besides "hey wats up"
--you want to start up a queer tabletop RP group