So instead of attempting to summarize my life, I’m going to give you a few snapshots:
1. I have no fear of rollercoasters. I ride them as frequently as possible and take an annual cedar point trip with my friends. That’s right, ladies. No fear here. Except for Top Thrill Dragster. Fuuuuuuck that.
2. I’ve once, with the help of three friends, successfully water-balloon bombarded over fifty people in a single night. I also outran campus safety. Special shout-out to Lidia who ratted me out to the authorities. Thankfully they were completely cool about it. Apologies to any hairstyles that suffered my wrath that night.
3. Speaking of balloons, it’s the word that I struck out in the spelling bee in seventh grade. Whoa now, before you go on thinkin’ I’m some sort of special stupid… yes, I know how to spell it, now. I can prove it. Balloon.
4. I’ve somehow gone from not being able to run (asthma) a quarter mile to running about three daily. My pictures don’t reflect this. If you want to see what I look like now, you gotta meet me in person. This is an attempt to root out the varying degrees of superficial attraction I’ve been receiving since losing weight.
5. I can poem the shit out of some paper. I’ve made classrooms full of postmodernists cry once.
6. I’m an air guitar champion. Bring it.
7. I spend my free time saving babies with diseases. Probably planning on doing that full time if I can pass a few more tests. If you’d like to know how exactly, feel free to ask. I also plan on doing this in very far away places, so if you are travel averse please keep looking.
8. I used to be afraid of wasps. When I turned 11 I decided, “This is an absurd fear… maybe if I go near them my fear will dissipate”. I was promptly stung. Now we’ve come to mutually respect one another. I can say I no longer “fear” them at least.
9. My sense of humor can get so dry that sea levels have been falling since my birth.
10. I’m just putting this here to round out the list and for any of the OCPDs checkin’ out the profile. I could write some long diatribe against hedonism and superficiality. I could give some deconstructionist, pretentious breakdown of who “I” am and why I’m so damn important to get to know. I could go into detail about how I always smell the roses and some other existential whine you get from everybody on this site. Some self-lamenting, “but I’m a nice guy”. But I’m not that guy. Life is fucking awesome. If you want to spend a little of yours with mine, then,
End goal? Probably Pediatric Emergency Med or Trauma. I like the adrenaline rush and work well under pressure. I plan on doing some Doctors Without Borders-esque mission work. So, lucky girl, pack your bags! We’re going to… Kenya?
Other than that, I’d love to live on the water somewhere when I do settle down.
Pointing out just how hilarious everyday life is.
That, or my green eyes.
Andrew Jackson Jihad
Chopin is the tits
City and Color
Garfunkel and Oates
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
Neutral Milk Hotel
Rage Against the Machine
Underground, The Velvet (ha, I cheated. But did you read this far?)
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Listen, if you exchange oxygen for carbon dioxide, there’s a good chance we share common interests in music.
TV: Game of Thrones, Archer, Arrested Development, Rugrats, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Boardwalk Empire, Rome, Mad Men, Dr. Who, Breaking Bad
Movies: Star Wars. I’ll just list directors: Tarantino, Scorsese, Wes Anderson, Rain Johnson, Cohen brothers, Hayao Miyazaki, P.T. Anderson, Nolan, I have high hopes for J.J. Abrams.
Books: Robbins and Cotran’s “Pathologic basis of disease” is a THRILLING read. First AID for the USMLE is probably my bible right now.
Oh, books I “enjoy”? That must be nice. Big fan of Vonnegut (Cat’s Cradle), Cormac McCarthy (The Road), Dostoevsky (The Idiot), GRRM (GoT), Tolkein (Silmarillion), David Foster Wallace (Infinite Jest- HA J/K), Camus (Myth of Sisyphus), I’ve read the Bible twice (Ladies, contain your orgasms), Orwell (Animal Farm), Orson Scott Card (Ender’s Game), Victor Hugo (anything), Eco (Foucault’s Pendulum)
2. Time with friends and family and the conversations that happen without any purpose other than sharing life stories, laughing, and enjoying each other's company.
3. The love of my parent's puppy, Tess. For that matter, truly unconditional love is something I'll always appreciate.
4. My running/lifting shoes.
5. A healthy sense of adventure