First and foremost yes, I am divorced. Not separated, not "taking a break" or "sowing my oats" but 100% divorced. I am the proud dad of two awesome kids who are my world. I do have full custody of both kids so obviously my free time is extremely limited, but I am absolutely willing to make time for the right person.
Whether it's hanging out at home, a night on the town, or in search of some trouble to get into, I'm game for pretty much anything. Looking for someone to share the next chapter of my life with and whatever that might bring. If you're active, positive, a bit impulsive, a little goofy, love to laugh, and can accept the fact that I'm a Dad and have the responsibilities and obligations that go with it, then we might be a good match.
Oh, and if you "Liked" my profile thank you, but I can't see who you are. Instead, please feel free to drop me a line, even if it's just a "Hi" or "Hello" :)
Other facts about me:
• Always up for trying something new...within reason. I've got a bucket list full of things I've waited too long to do and I'm finally starting to put a dent in it. I have run my first Warrior Dash, driven up Mount Washington, and some other things. Next up? I'm hoping to try sky diving at some point.
• Big fan of the local sports teams, especially the Red Sox and Patriots. Nothing better than spending a warm summer night at Fenway or a cool Autumn Sunday tailgating at Gillette.
• I've been to Ireland twice (I have dual US/Ireland citizenship) and hope to return again someday. Other places I have enjoyed visiting include Florida, London, LA and Vegas. Hope to visit San Deigo, Hawaii, Austin TX, the Grand Canyon and Graceland (yup, THAT Graceland) someday. Just had a friend visit Machu Picchu and the photos were amazing, so that has been added to my 'someday' list.
• Have always been tempted to take yoga classes but never have. I think I'm afraid of being the only non-bendy person in the room and that I may actually snap in half.
• I was born & raised Irish Catholic but would not consider my self religiously devout since I rarely attend church. I subscribe to the doctrine of 'treat others well and don't be a dink.'
• I have two tattoos and at some point will add a third. They're not large, obscene or blatantly visible. Most importantly, I did not get them because I was bored or wanted to impress anyone. Each tells a story and they are a constant reminder of special people who have touched my life.
• if you message/email me and I don't reply, I thank you for your interest but I'm just not interested. I used to email back every person who took the time to contact me. It seemed like the right thing to do. When I only received the same courtesy about 10% of the time I realized it wasn't necessary. Oh, and please have a photo.
• Good luck to each of you and hopefully you don't have to be on this site any longer than absolutely neccessary.
Music: I'm all over the place. 80s, Motown, British Invasion, 1950s, alternative. On a given day I could be listening to U2, Weezer, Beck, Everclear, Green Day, Elvis, The Pogues, TMBG, The Beatles, The Police, Johnny Cash, The Jackson Five, Stevie Wonder, Dead Milkmen and The Beach Boys. Saw The Monkees in concert recently and it was a blast. I'm a 'set my Spotify to shuffle' kind of guy.
Movies: I like Summer blockbusters, weird cult movies and almost everything in-between. A short list would include Star Wars (the new movie was soooo good!) Shawshank Redemption, Monty Python movies, Caddyshack, Office Space, Slap Shot, most anything by Pixar and Marvel, also John Hughes and Quentin Tarantino movies.
TV: Archer, The Walking Dead, The Big Bang Theory, MadMen, Arrested Development, Seinfeld and Firefly are my favorites, but none are really "appointment television". I'll also never turn down a chance to watch old school cartoons like Tom & Jerry with my kids.
- Sketchbook & pencil
- My Red Sox hat
- A really, REALLY good cheeseburger
- Comfortable sneakers
- A clear, star filled sky