In case you only want to see who I am, I recommend you start reading here.
I'm a 22 year old economics student who lives in Espoo together with my dog, a Japanese Chin. Tiny dog. Useless for anything but company. I love him to bits.
I am a Swedish speaking Fin, which naturally means I have to study at Hanken, and I'm active within the student organization. Before coming back to Finland, I studied a year in Aberystwyth, Wales. I currently work as a Somellier (sell champagne and wine) on the side of my studies.
To keep my shape from wandering off to the bad side of the fruit spectrum (Apple, Pear, Squash), I play handball. When I'm not doing that or spending time with friends, I'll probably play a computer game. (for the curious ones: Dota2, Starcraft 2, Torchlight 2, Civilization5 have been on rotation during the past two years)
I'm currently looking for short-term dating, but I've noticed that the brilliant things in life start when you stop looking. In case I find someone truly special here, I won't be saying no.
My name is Jan.
In the future? I'm going to get a good job, get overly confident, start my own company, have a mid-life crisis, buy a boat I can't afford and conveniently forget that I never learnt how to sail. It's going to be absolutely brilliant.
I am also above decent at cooking.
If they hear me before they see me, it's probably the fact that I have no issue in talking with strangers. Strangers are brilliant. We're more than five million people in Finland, and I've probably talked to under five thousand. Just friends waiting to happen.
Shows: Doctor Who, Scrubs, Psych
Music: The Killers, Tegan & Sara, Queen
Food: I love cooking, and make a hell of a pasta sauce.
1) I tried living without pets. Didn't seem like fun. I like dogs.
2) A computer, I mean come on. I wouldn't be here without it. You wouldn't be reading this without a computer. I'll just lump a smart phone in here to make it easier.
3) Friends. Twice in my life I've been in bigger trouble mentally. We all have, some more than twice. Without my closest group of friends I would be less of a man.
4) Entertainment. Be it computer games, music, a good movie or an evening out with friends. Life without entertainment in moderation is no life at all.
5) Books. I really like reading. Nothing better than sitting on the pier during the summer with a good book to read and a beverage of choice. Bliss.
6) I won't force the issue here. I thought of five, I think that's alright.
I could also talk about how I had my heart broken once (it got better), but that would be dating suicide.
Or then I could tell you the story about how I got a 5 cm long scar on my stomach, but the premise is much cooler than the story.
It would be a bonus if you have an interest in the same things I do, but that's not a must. I'm sure we can find some common ground.