These paragraph things never give an amazingly good impression of a person, so I'll just list a few things I like, if you like them too then message me and we can chat and see where that leads (I'm a traditionalist, deep down).
So I like:
Architecture, Music, Concept Art, Design, History, Politics, Planes, Dogs, Climbing, Books, Films, Art, Buildings, Machines, Mechanisms, Science Fiction, Cyberpunk, Ale, Zombie Survival Strategies, Football... I'm sure there's some more too, but that'll do for now.
I am also quite good at model making, painting, drawing and graphics.
Hate to sound like I am blowing my own trumpet too much, so I best note I am diabolically bad at anything musical or involving foreign languages.
Have to ask others though I guess.
They'll also notice that I'm a geek in fairly short order, but they hopefully notice I am quite 'cool' for a geek, so I'm happy with that.
I have a large collection of films, again cyberpunk features predominantly, including Blade Runner, Scanner Darkly and Minority Report. I love clever comedy, the odd TV series and cheesy war films, alongside the ubiquiteous Fight Club etc. Special mention to The Wire, The Unit, Peep Show and Inbetweeners for giving me faith in TV to produce something other than X Factor and Deal or No Deal... Also liking True Blood, Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead at the moment.
I like a range of music, generally punk, rock and metal, although I have a soft spot for 90s/00s pop (The sort of stuff that I might hate if it was released nowadays) because that's what I grew up with.
Bands wise I love Green Day, The Clash, Rancid, Bad Religion. Within Temptation, Sex Pistols, Blink 182, Bowling For Soup, Paramore, Nine Inch Nails and Avenged Sevenfold to name but a few.
And food... I love rare steaks, pizza, stir fry and chips and gravy (That's the northerner in me:D). I love expensive food, but am equally happy with a decent pizza or pub grub from a nice traditional pub, usually washed down with a good bitter, since I don't drink lager.
2. MacBook Pro - I do all my work on it, I browse the net, watch films... Pretty vital to me really.
3. Pencil and Paper - I'm forever sketching, making notes and generally scribbling.
4. My leather jackets.
5. My iPod/Walkman - South London is so much more bareable when blocking out the depressing conversations of its inhabitants on public transport.
6. Books - I can't choose a particular one, but I love reading.
Politics is another big one. I have an opinion on most things.
I am also in my own world alot of the time, thinking about concepts and ideas for little projects I'm working on, concept art, or indeed projects I most likely will never work on, but would like to.
Don't message me if...
- You are going to say 'how r u' - I can barely tolerate 'txt spk' in texts, don't use it in messages to me when you have access to a full keyboard. Never spell 'time' as 'tym' - it leads me to believe I am being contacted by a particulary hurried amoeba.
- You live in Thailand/Vietnam/Dubai/Phillipines... You get my drift - we are unlikely ever to meet and I don't want to marry you/send you money. Nothing against people from those countries by any means, but not interested in penpals or scam artists.