First off, I have joined this site not to find an instant partner, but to find friends. It is unfair to add the pressure of "could I be in a relationship / marry / be with this person for ever" to the first time ever meeting someone. Making these decisions takes years people!
With that in mind, please take a second to review my profile and questions, and ask yourself: Could I be friends with this person? Is this person someone that I may enjoy being around or could foresee becoming buddy ol' pals with.
I am a 28 year old male living in Grand Rapids that is motivated by his work and career but has not become a slave to them. I love the finer things in life but derive and equal amount of satisfaction from ratting out with my friends and not acting my age.
I weigh the success of my life by how many people you can share inside jokes and laughter with. I am always looking for new people to put that uncomfortable bad pun face on. :)
I play music (bass guitar), bike everywhere (it is truly an addiction), strive to hike and bike on every inch of land in this state, enjoy many craft brews and spirits, rat out with my friends, and laugh at the shittiest jokes possible.
Civil, Electrical Engineer / Project Manager (NERD ALERT)
In short, I am tasked with rebuilding the electrical infrastructure more-better. Bringing the ...power to the people (pukes at the nature of the lame pun that just came out of my head).
I do not meet the typical emotionless, humorless, dry, corporate, cubical parasite, stereotype of engineers.
Math stuff, science stuff, any Work of Carl Hiaasen, Lord of the Rings Series, The End of Faith, A Long Way Gone, Literature From the Axis of Evil.
I'll stick to writers and directors; Guy Richie, Wes Anderson, The Coens Brothers, Tim Burton, Ridley Scott.
Sienfield, The Simpsons, Cheers, Fraiser, Parks and Recreation, Spaced, Occasional X-files or Outdoors Show Episodes. (Rarely do I actually watch television)
Animal Collective, The Flaming Lips, Pavement, Weezer, Do Make Say Think, Mogwai, Earth, Explosions in the Sky, Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, Taj Mahal, John Lee Hooker, B.B. King, Al Green, Sly and Family Stone, Aretha Franklin, Rufus.
I cook the vast majority of my meals. I am a foody through and through... If it sucks, I won't eat it; well unless I am tipsy.. Then I most likely will.
2. Family - Gotta Love em. They are the only one that you get.
3. Arts - They bring life to this dreary gray corporate, liability driven landscape we inhabit.
4. Nature - Growing up in the upper peninsula of Michigan, I have learned how to live in the wild... Stick with me and you may just live after the apocalypse.
5. My bicycles - They allow me to avoid looking for parking, needing to take cabs, and have allowed me indulge in food / beers while at the same time maintaining a healthy (ish) physique.
6. My Bass Guitar / Music - Other then math and physics, music is my skill... And MUCH more fun to do in a recreational fashion.
- You need to be explained how to craft an effective bro joke.
- You would like to assist in world domination.
- You would like a friend that is fun to be around.
- You don't find me ugly, repulsive, and disgusting.
- You... would like to?