There is more richness in the world than I can possibly comprehend. Cultures, people, food and natural beauty all captivate me and the more I see of the world, the more I want to.
I love life in the city. It’s full of excitement, things to do, people to connect with but I also need my open space: space to be quiet, space to run/paddle/bike, space to build stuff, burn stuff, blow stuff up ☺. So, I continually oscillate back and forth, and still find myself living like a nomad at times, but am also *maybe* starting to root, a bit.
I have found polyamory fits me pretty well (ask me about it!), but I’m not looking for friends with benefits. I’m looking for someone run through life and share a home with, a partner to ground and anchor me. A relationship I can be confident in regardless of who else passes through our lives.
I try to balance work and the rest of life, making time for dancing, friends, climbing and adventures too. Fortunately I often manage to juggle/combine many of the above and when it works, win! I’m back in Toronto now and am working on building connections here, both professionally and personally.
I may be a bit quiet at first, but I love adventure and meeting new people; once I get past the initial nerves you’ll find me in the thick of things, making connections and scheming schemes.
Movies: I want a story that leaves me changed, or stands out confidently different from anything else I’ve seen. Off the top of my head: The Artist, Life is Beautiful, The Red Violin, Shawshank, The Matrix, Pulp Fiction, Inception, Incendies, Fantastic Mister Fox, The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, Little Miss Sunshine….
Music: I have an incredibly eclectic collection but indie folk and classical get played the most. I’m captivated by creative and interesting regardless of genre, be it Don Ross, Phillip Glass, Mother Mother or Tool.
Food: I love to cook, and to share food. As with music I’m most caught by creativity and character. If you’ll teach me how to cook something new I’ll return the favor. I try to eat/cook more vegetarian than not, but a good steak from a happy cow is a great way to celebrate!
2. My camera. I don’t aspire to be a professional photographer but I do I love telling stories and capturing moments whenever I can. I shoot Canon if compatibility is a question ☺.
3. My people. I connect deeply and relish investing in those around me. Whether it’s sharing food and drink or discussions meandering long into the night I cherish those around me, and there’s never enough time…
4. Music. Symphonic, Choral, Folk, Rock, World… Pick your style and music is a language of expression. I used to play euphonium, I still sing and attend concerts and music festivals whenever I can.
5. Adventure! I’m most alive when I’m winging it, aiming for an ambitious goal with plenty of room to improvise.
6. Working with my hands. I’ve always built things, broken things, tried to fix them, added a custom piece here or there to ‘improve’ it (or at least replace what I broke). I have a decent wood shop and ran a small woodworking business for a while too.
You’re intrigued by something above and want to ask, or just want someone to go to the symphony with.
You have an adventure in mind and want a willing compatriot.
Give me a shout!