First, I want to let you know that I'm currently in a truly wonderful relationship with the woman of my dreams, with whom I will be deliriously happy to be spending the rest of my life. Also, we are both open to finding love with other people. We like to think of ourselves as "free agents" - totally and utterly committed to each other, as well as completely free to experience and share love with whomever we wish. I am open to any kind of relationship with you. Whether you and I are friends or lovers, this is simply about discovering and enjoying delicious connections with kindred spirits!
Here's a list of words which go some ways towards describing me:
- Very silly
- Always kind and considerate. (My dad says I'm the nicest guy he's ever met!)
- Musical: I've played violin since I was five. I have a degree in Jazz violin, of all things.
- Sense of humor: usually understated; not afraid of puns.
- Definitely into self-awareness.
- People generally tell me that I seem older and more mature than my age.
- Former massage therapist
- Avid homebrewer
- I love children! I teach music to lots of little ones and I've grown to love interacting with kids.
- The quiet type - though I'll talk your ear off about all the things about which I'm passionate.
- I'm starting an orchestra to play my own compositions! It's going to be badass and bittersweet.
- I teach the Alexander Technique, a fascinating study of movement, thought, intention, and awareness. Ask me and I'll send you a link to my video!
- I build things like a six-string electric violin (with lots of help from my uncle), a cigar box tenor ukulele, and a marimba (very much in progress).
- I compose music and record at home. Ask me and I'll send you some tunes!
- I also do all sorts of artsy-craftsy things. When I get an idea for a cool project, I can spend hours on hours immersed in it. One of my favorite activities is to make things with friends. Right now, I'm making tensegrity structures.
- I'm currently writing a multi-media instructional book on improvisation string players!
The Alexander Technique
Enjoying a quiet moment
Expressing nuanced feelings
Making hearty soups
Forgetting people's names - I think my record is about 2 seconds flat! This also means I'm really good at getting around actually using people's names...
I'm also really good at finding things which interest me. Give me any old subject and I'll find an interesting angle. For instance: who knew that horses can see in almost 360 degrees? Who knew that the ancient denizens of the Philippines could accurately navigate their canoes over thousands of miles of open water by following the stars, flotsam and jetsam, bird and insect migrations, and the patterns of waves on the surface of the water? Did you know that a single cubic inch of clay, if flattened to a height of one silica molecule, could cover an entire football field?
Some people tell me I look like a Civil War reenactor (is that a compliment?).
Or my Stetson. Blam.
- "The Seven Mysteries of Life" by Guy Murchie
- "The Prophet" by Kahlil Gibran
- "Tao Te Ching" by Lao Tse, trans. Ralph Alan Dale
- "Non-Violent Communication" by Marshall Rosenberg
- Anything by Joseph Campbell
Music: too much to tell in writing.
Also, I have a CSA share, and there are many vegetables included in this which I have never seen before. Cardoons? Florentine cauliflower? What do I do with these?
Also, I like it sweet and hot. ;)
- You are considerate, kind, and tender, and you enjoy sharing quiet moments along with the exciting ones.
- You're into mindfulness and self-awareness. There's little I find sexier than women who self-aware.
- You're wanting someone who might cherish, love, and support you.