Edit: and now, thanks to OkCupid, I'm married to an amazing Malaysian girl. This profile is an archive.
I have some stuff on YouTube. This is a good way to learn what makes me tick:
Leisure-wise, my main interests are guitar, astronomy, hang gliding, history, and Reddit. I have a friendly ball python. I love dogs but don't have one. I will get on the ground to play with a dog in any locale. In the Queen's presence!
• Anagrams. Once I walked past a Pontiac and by the time I got home I was chanting:
"Apt icon to panic anti-cop coatpin, tip a con into cap." - An optic caption–not a pic. I can top it on a PC.
• I may not be "really good" at hang gliding, but I usually survive.
• For books, I'm a major Marcel Proust fanboy. Beyond that obsession, I like other fiction that requires chewing, from Moby Dick to House of Leaves. I read plenty of non-fiction too but not in book form. Scrolls, mostly.
• For movies and TV I have really broad tastes, highbrow and conventional. I'll shout out Breaking Bad, since everybody does. I don't have a TV but I stream a-plenty.
• I was vegetarian for a long time. Now I'm an omnivorous gourmand, so pass the farfooblies, if they exist. I am an espresso snob and a whiskey enthusiast, but a wine philistine, so you can always throw that in my face. Figuratively.
• NPR Radiolab, Planet Money, This American Life, Fresh Air, the comforting voice of Scott Simon.
• Scrabble If you don't know all the 2-letter words, we can still play, but let's not keep score, hm?
• HM: 7 points.
• Road trips I've been to all 50 states! They're nice. You know, trees.
• Knowing many different kinds of people.
• I've already mentioned my guitar. I play the kind of music in my Pandora station. Have you checked that out yet? Change your life.
I am continually occupied with knowledge acquisition. If you're incurious, I will bore you. If, however, you want to know about the enzyme mutation that causes the unique color pattern of Siamese cats, let's hang out.
We buried it later that day, after a brief funeral, on the side of the house, in a cardboard jewelry box about 6-inches deep. Casket by Nordstrom. Popsicle stick cross. Three mornings later the hole was dug out and empty; the likely work of a fox. I learned my lesson. Bury bodies deep.
I tend to have a thing for short-to-average-height girls. I have no racial preference. There's also something about the magic combination of boots and a skirt which melts the caramel lozenge between my lungs. That's what it feels like anyway.
Be kind to the elderly. When I see a girl get lovey over old people she thinks are cute, I say to myself, that's a good woman. I'd be lucky to have that one.