First: If you send me a 'Like' and want me to know that you sent it, also send me a message because I'm on OKC in free mode and they only tell you who likes you if you pay them.
I'm at UCSD, employed in computer-based scientific research (ocean-atmosphere satellite remote-sensing), and am having fun taking rec classes here (e.g., gymnastics, trampoline, yoga, pilates, & dance). My favorite types of yoga so far are Hatha, Kundalini and Tantric.
I'm looking around for social opportunities. In the past I've gone to DanceJam, drum circles, raves, tantra gatherings, Mensa.
I have many interests, too many to list really, and of course
this means that I'm more of a dilettante than an expert or
specialist :-). Aside from what I mention above and below,
I'm interested in: life extension, general semantics,
systems theory, science, math, space travel,
nature, inventions, deep relaxation, floatation
tanks, mind machines, higher intelligence, virtual
reality, Anthony Robbins materials, individual freedom,
brain science, smart drugs or nootropics, futurism,
extropy, NVC or non-violent communication or
"win/win conflict resolution through needs analysis", and more.
Some of the things that I'm not very into includes most politics,
most conventional religions, bars and/or getting drunk, smoking,
motorcycles, initiatory violence, most conventional sports,
pursuing money at all costs, worrying about "terrorists" or
"illegal immigrants", etc.
I am casual, reasonably bright, and good-humored :-)
- listening empathically, being a good sounding board
- giving good amateur deep-release massages
- finding humor in situations
- finding and putting together good information from a variety of sources
- fiction: Herbert: Dune series, Asimov: Foundation trilogy
- non-fiction: Franklin: autobiography, Korzybski: Science and Sanity, Wenger: How to Increase Your Intelligence, a good dictionary!
- fiction: Contact, Harry Potter series, Lord of the Rings trilogy, Real Genius, Groundhog Day, Shawshank Redemption, October Sky, The Day the Earth Stood Still
- non-fiction: Kinsey, Walking with Dinosaurs (& Prehistoric Beasts), Birdman of Alcatraz, From the Earth to the Moon
- Electronic-Dance: Trance, House, Techno, Happycore, DJs: Paul Oakenfold, Ferry Corsten, Christopher Lawrence, Armin van Buuren, Sasha, Micro, Tall Paul, Donald Glaude, Carl Cox, Richie Hawtin, Anabolic Frolic
- Classical: Mozart, Bach, Beethoven, Chopin, Debussy, Strauss, Holst
- Ambient: Higher Intelligence Agency, Zero One, Global Communication, A Positive Life, Sounds From the Ground
- New Age: Raphael, Singh Kaur, Liquid Mind, Aeoliah, Michael Stearns, Constance Demby
- Rock-Metal-Thrash: Led Zepplin, Pink Floyd, Def Leppard, Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots, Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osbourne, AC/DC, Judas Priest, Metallica, Slayer, Dismember, Deicide, Dark Angel
- 60's: Jefferson Airplane, Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles, Moody Blues, The Byrds, The Youngbloods , The Association, The 5th Dimension, The Strawberry Alarm Clock, Creedence Clearwater Revival, The Zombies, The Monkees, The Doors
- individual: salmon, turkey, eggs, artichokes, carrots, blueberries, peaches, pears
- Cuisines: Chinese, Thai, Seafood, Mexican, Sushi/Japanese, Mediterranean, Middle-eastern
- fiction: Star Trek (Enterprise,DS9,NG,original), Game of Thrones, Dexter, Californication, Vikings, Parks & Recreation, Weeds
- non-fiction: Suze Orman show, Beauty and the Geek, Whose Line is it Anyway?, Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, America's Most Talented Kids, Achievement TV, The Apprentice (both)
exercise/activity of some kind
Paleo / zone-balanced meals
the beauty of nature :-)
higher consciousness,extropianism, general semantics, libertarianism, Zone diet, bicycle commuting, organic food, essential oils, higher intelligence, extropianism, TNS,Prometheus Society, Mensa, Whole Being Weekend, UCSD, anarcho-capitalism, enlightenment, individualism, timothy leary, http://www.okcupid.com/hotlist, atlasshrugged, robert anton wilson, richard feynman, neuroscience, cuddling,sex, genius, ISPE
you think I'm good-looking / sexy (and are female :-)
we have a few interests in common
you feel inspired to :-)