I moved to the area in 2008 and to West Asheville about two years ago.
I love backpacking and would consider myself "outdoorsy." I'm also into brewing beer (like every other guy in asheville) and blacksmithing.
I'm a musician by hobby (I have a real job) and love good music. I listen to everything... Herbie Hancock, The Head & The Heart, Mumford and Sons, Damien Rice, Glen Hansard, Radiohead, Iron and Wine, The horse feathers, Andrew Bird, Coldplay, Margot and the Nuclear So and So's, Justice, Daft Punk, Ratatat, Death Cab, Miles Davis, M. Ward.
I have a film degree so I love a good artsy fartsy indie film. The regular fare: Akira Kurosawa, Tarkovski, anything Christopher Nolan makes, Steven Soderbergh, Stan Brakhage (He's like my Elvis), Jean Luc Godard... French New Wave, Italian Neo-realism, Surrealism...
More recently, Looper was awesome.
- The internet. no internet... no job.
- Good strong coffee (Though if I have too much I literally get the shakes)
- Good people around me (read: friends and metaphorically... I don't physically have to have them around me at all times... that would be just creepy)
- The mountains (and activities associated thereof)
- Love (not necessarily romantic in nature, but I guess that's why we're all on here)
- A good stimulating book/song/art/guitar/etc...