- I was adopted when I was two months old. I am lucky to have been chosen by two incredibly loving, caring, supportive parents.
- I've always loved frogs for some strange reason. It all started with catching them up at my cottage when I was little. I was really good at it. Not net, just my hands.
- My nieces and nephews call me Nini (pronounced nee-nee).
- I have raced 5km in 17:21.
- I am Native Canadian (Cree). My birthmother is a fullblood Cree, but my birthfather was non-native, blond, and blue-eyed.
- I probably watch too much t.v.
- I am a big procrastinator but I always get things done…eventually.
- Whenever I buy lottery tickets I always think I'm going to win the jackpot, and plan out how I'm going to share it with my family. Sadly, it hasn't happened yet. If it did, I would quit my job and travel around the world.
- I am extremely competitive. Doesn't matter what it is, I like to win at it.
- I like finding people that I really "click" with, who bring out a side of me that others don't get to see.
- My belly button used to be an "outtie" when I was younger, but now it's an "innie"!
- I have hiked the Inca Trail and the West Coast Trail, and I have climbed one of the 7 Summits, Mt. Kilimanjaro. Stunning!
- My favourite colour is purple! It makes me feel happy :)
- I'm pretty sure I don't want to have kids. I am quite happy to get all the kid time I need with my nieces and nephews, then say goodbye and go back to my quiet apartment.
- I like doing puzzles.
- I have five siblings. Jennifer, my amazing older sister that I look up to and who influenced me in many ways including my musical tastes (Bruuuuuuuuuuce!), and Laura, my funny younger sister who can always make me laugh with her impersonations (especially Mike Myers characters). Lucky me, I discovered 3 bonus siblings at age 26 when I met my birth family!
- I love eating chips. I will sometimes eat a whole big bag all by myself in one sitting. Sour cream 'n onion, creamy dill, or ruffles regular.
- I have been to 11 Bruce Springsteen concerts. Front row in the pit at the last one in Hamilton!
- I love driving up to my cottage in the summer with the music blasting, singing along, and chair dancing.
- I was part of a women's 100 x mile relay in 1999, and we hold the world record for the fastest time. Seriously.
- I have regrets in my life that if I could, I would go back and do things differently. Don't we all? One of my regrets is that I missed out on my chance to see Terry Fox on his Marathon of Hope. I was at my cottage, and chose to stay and play on the beach instead of going into town to see Terry when he ran through Bala, Ontario. But I was only 7, and didn't understand the significance of it. Sigh.
T.V. shows I currently watch when I have nothing better to do: Parenthood, Chicago Fire, Criminal Minds, The Mindy Project, How I Met Your Mother, Modern Family...
As for music, I am a huge Springsteen fan, and love going to concerts with my sisters. Nothing tops a three-hour Springsteen concert! (Of which I have been to quite a few...).
Food-wise, I love sushi and Thai, a good chicken shwarma, steak (I could never be vegetarian!) and I try to eat healthy foods. I do not enjoy cooking. If you cook a meal for me, I will happily do the cleaning up :)