......Ok then, let's do this.
Bay Area native. I bounce between Oakland, Nevada City and LA.
I've decided to not list what Myers-Briggs type I am here.
No longer drinking. Putting the liquor away for now. Possibly forever. So - I still like going to bars, but I'll be that guy ordering soda water and offering to be the designated driver.
I've traveled completely around the world twice in the last five years. I volunteer on tall ships sometimes. I read a lot.
Getting better at: Being generous, being modest, being a feminist, making art, making music, design, illustration, animation, Rock Climbing.
Just had a friend use a tape measure – not lying about my height.
I guess I'll mention a few things:
• Music: Delta Blues, Garage rock, Surf, Indie, New/No Wave, Epic Psycadellic Stoner DOOM METAL, old 70s Punk, Balkan Brass
• Books: Italo Calvino, Station 11, Hesse, Strange & Norrel, some Russians, A. Crowley, Joseph Campbell. Currently working my way through Moby Dick.
• Podcasts: Rome, Radiolab, TED, Philosophy Bites, British History Podcast, Revolutions.
• Food: Everything. I eat meat, but I can cook veggie too. I'm down for learning new vegetarian recipes, or any recipes, if you got 'em.
• Making art.
• Social justice, gentrification, feminism, where I fit in with all of that, and how I can make an positive impact on my immediate community.
• Planning long backpacking trips in the Sierras.
• Vintage guitars and effects pedals, writing sick riffs.
• How to make this experience into a great story
• Adventure Time!!!!!!
I sniff glue. Wait, no, that's not something I'll admit. I take it back.
If you want to go to a show for live music, if you want to get out of town for the day,
If you want to ride bicycles,
if you want to just grab a coffee or a drink at a dive bar.
Message me if you'd actually like to meet in person, but please - no flakes. I need people in my life who will actually show up. I do. If you can handle that, let's talk more!
I can't see who "likes" me, so just shoot me a message of you want to get my attention.